Khayyam was a quality music composer... In a career spanning 4 decades he must have composed songs for no more than 35 films and won more than a dozen awards in recognition for f his contribution. It is hard to find a mediocre composition by him. He was easily one of the best music directors of Hindi film industry. Having lived a full life of contribution and accolades he passed away yesterday at the age of 92.He was married to play back singer Jagjit Kaur and the beautiful song ' Tum apna Ranjho gham , apni pareshani mujhe dede ' from the film Shagun was sung by his wife under his direction.

May his soul rest in peace , he leaves behind a treasure trove of his compositions that would keep him eternally in our memories

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

He was a great and a very talented composer. May he rest in peace. My most favorite song composed by him is 'Phir chhidi raat baat fulon ki' from Bazaar.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I read it is newspaper, He was talented music director. Although he didn't get chances like other composers of his time. I like many songs compose by Khayyam. Mere Jivan Bhi Shanwaro, Parvton ke pedo par sham ka basera hai. For us he is last long in his songs. May his soul rest in peace

His songs stood out because of the wonderful lyrics and melody.. I have many many favorite songs ..

Ae dil e naadaan , Kabhie kabhie mere dil mein, Sham e gham ki kasam, Aasman pe hai khuda, Chori chori koyi aaye ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, suni51
usha manohar wrote:

His songs stood out because of the wonderful lyrics and melody.. I have many many favorite songs ..

Ae dil e naadaan , Kabhie kabhie mere dil mein, Sham e gham ki kasam, Aasman pe hai khuda, Chori chori koyi aaye ..

Yes Usha , all of these songs are lovely, melodious and so memorable even after so many years. what made him different was the soothing calmness of his music and he refused to compromise on quality because of which he did lose much work. But what work he did, made him and his name lasting in the industry.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I have grown hearing his music and think he will remain with us with his evergreen music. One of the greatest music composers of all times. I pray his soul rest in peace.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

He was a legend and will live forever in heart of music lovers. Loved all his compositions. A few days back there was an article in TOI titled 1956 A love story. It beautifully wrote about the bond this great composer and his singer wife shared. In fact just after he got hospitalized, his wife also developed some symptoms and was hospitalized next to him. They stayed together fro few days and when she was released from hospital, she said in a gentle loving voice--"Saheb yahan mere bina kya karenge? He is used to me next to him all the time". That shows the great bond these two shared.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, usha manohar

Khayyam was a very talented composer. Many of his songs leaves the listener spellbound and remain evergreen. His death is a great lose to the music world. May his soul rest in peace.

He composed music of 34 films in his life, but  music of all these 34 films are awesome. Movie may be flopped but his music was big hit one. Jeet he lengey bazi hum tum, Shola or Shabnam

anil wrote:

He composed music of 34 films in his life, but  music of all these 34 films are awesome. Movie may be flopped but his music was big hit one. Jeet he lengey bazi hum tum, Shola or Shabnam

There was a Rafi solo from the same film Jaane kya dhoondte rehate hai yeah aankhe mujh mein...which is an all time favorite song of mine 

Thank you said by: suni51

Great music composer! All his songs are worth listening and some of you might not have known that he started his career as Sharma Ji with Verma JI 

Check this link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Zahur_Khayyam

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.