Hi,
I am new to boddunun, but now that I have read the rules to compose an article at boddunun, I have a few queries rather concerns. While directly writing an article in the boddunun editor, if I save it and later come back to edit it, most of the content just vanishes. I doubt it to be a lack of good internet connectivity. But i guess it is high time to allow people to compose their articles in a word doc or a note pad and copy paste the same in the boddunan editor. Doing this will save a lot of time. Also, sometimes it is not possible to continue a train of thought, sometimes we need to sleep over a particular idea to generate a good article. Writing an article offline will help. If you are worried of getting a plagiarized content there are others ways to check a content that has been directly lifted from other sources. Also, when I post a content it would be unprofessional to just type anything without doing a proper spell check. This is just a concern i have and thought of raising a fla

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hi,
I am new to boddunun, but now that I have read the rules to compose an article at boddunun, I have a few queries rather concerns. While directly writing an article in the boddunun editor, if I save it and later come back to edit it, most of the content just vanishes. I doubt it to be a lack of good internet connectivity. But i guess it is high time to allow people to compose their articles in a word doc or a note pad and copy paste the same in the boddunan editor. Doing this will save a lot of time. Also, sometimes it is not possible to continue a train of thought, sometimes we need to sleep over a particular idea to generate a good article. Writing an article offline will help. If you are worried of getting a plagiarized content there are others ways to check a content that has been directly lifted from other sources. Also, when I post a content it would be unprofessional to just type anything without doing a proper spell check. This is just a concern i have and thought of raising a fla

The content written in The site's text editor getting vanished (even a part of the content) is something I never experienced. Hence, as you said first get your net connectivity checked.
You can write your article in MS Word first.
Copy the content to Note pad.
Save it.
Then finally, copy the content from the note pad and paste it in the text editor of Boddunan.do the necessary formatting.

If you follow the above sequence, you won't face any problems.

The second method is directly typing your article in the text editor of Boddunan. Boddunan text editor is also having Spell check.
Save it.
All the best.
The best way to write your article is in word as it helps in spell check as well. After that you can copy the content to notepad and finally from there to boddunan text editor. I know it is nit cumbersome but that's the way it is on boddunan.
@Rambabu and Anshu: Thanks for your reply. I did follow the sequence you've mentioned but some how the text was not saved when I directly used boddunun text editor. Anyway, will try again. Thanks once again :)

@Rambabu and Anshu: Thanks for your reply. I did follow the sequence you've mentioned but some how the text was not saved when I directly used boddunun text editor. Anyway, will try again. Thanks once again :)

Welcome Mousumi, I have seen your articles and am delighted to see you here too, hope we get to interact with you more often.

Boddunan editor is quite good and easy to write articles and it does save articles once you have clicked on Save button. But your data loss purely seems to be due to slow and intermittent connectivity. Not sure which browser you are used to, but Mozilla Firefox is the most compatible and reliable browser I have found to be for boddunan. Try switching to it if you still face similar problems.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
Thanks for replying :)
Yeah right now am using opera..but will switch to Firefox while working on boddunun.

Then it must be a computer related or Net related problem. Please get your computer checked once.

Welcome Mousumi, I have seen your articles and am delighted to see you here too, hope we get to interact with you more often.

Boddunan editor is quite good and easy to write articles and it does save articles once you have clicked on Save button. But your data loss purely seems to be due to slow and intermittent connectivity. Not sure which browser you are used to, but Mozilla Firefox is the most compatible and reliable browser I have found to be for boddunan. Try switching to it if you still face similar problems.
I shall be trying firefox, but I have found IE is working nicely within charm menu of Windows 8.1 and chrome is giving problems while editing profile photoes, but IE is working nicely.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Now I'm working with both Chrome and Firefox without any hassles.

I shall be trying firefox, but I have found IE is working nicely within charm menu of Windows 8.1 and chrome is giving problems while editing profile photoes, but IE is working nicely.

I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 too but still there were occasional problems with IE, so I switched to Firefox and there are no more problems. For Boddunan the best compatibility is with Firefox browser.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 too but still there were occasional problems with IE, so I switched to Firefox and there are no more problems. For Boddunan the best compatibility is with Firefox browser.

True. I had been using Firefox well before I joined in Boddunan. Not a single day I faced a problem. What you said about Firefox 's compatibility with Boddunan is true.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.