Hai Friends,

I have something thats interesting here.

Our Indian Customs are very interesting and have a great scientific reason too behind them....

Here we would discuss one issue daily...

Custom: While crossing a river, we throw coins into the river. It is told that we would get more money in return from the Goddess Laxmi.

Question: What is the scientific reason behind this???

Have fun :lol:

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The only benefit of throwing cash in river is that the currency in circulation will decrease and prices will be controlled. It will be better if people throw Rs. 1000/- currency notes in any river.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

No Ghulshan... :)

There is a scientific reason too involved in throwing "Coins" (not the notes) in the river.....

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
I hope there are very less members knowing about our cultural customs... :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Good day guys!!

I knew about throwing coins in a wishing well but I did not about throwing coins while crossing river!

Do tell Deepti....don't build up so much suspense!!
33585470_5.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes -- sure Kalyani..

In the olden days,we used to have copper coins (Annas), now replaced with the stainless steel coins.

As drinking water with copper metal is good for health, our old fore-fathers made it a custom... that it gives good luck, we get money in return...

Hope you have understood :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Yes Deepti.... :) thank you for the info...

even now drinking water is stored in copper containers! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

YES -- I have a habit ... came from my grandfather :)

I always keep water in Copper container at night and in the early morning drink that water...
:)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
The copper coins are gone now and now it 's time to throw this custom into the river!
I agree Chinmoy. The currency is for transactions and not for throwing in rivers.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

:) YES... thats true....

As we used to have copper coins in the olden days, the custom was successful... But now, we do not have those copper coins, and still the custom is prevailing!!!!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.