hi
i have a suggestion to make which i believe will prevent duplicate poll.
When we make a new poll,there should be a button called-"check for similar polls".So after the user write a new poll question,he/she can click on the button and get similar polls already created.It would be enough if the polls under 'related polls' tab is listed when we click.In this way,the user can know whether similar polls already exist,before publishing the poll. :)
Now the case is that,we can see similar polls in the tab called 'related polls',after we publish the poll only.Then we have to decide whether to unpublish it or not!.
Or for someone who think their poll already exist,they have to search for the polls and find out.Then come back to create a new poll!

do you think its a good idea..please share your views and ideas.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Currently the related polls tab does not give 100% accurate results as it does not find all of the related polls. Once this is improved, the suggestion given by you can be implemented. Then only it will help to avoid duplication of polls

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
I think this feature is there in many other sites. Boddunan may also try it.

Harish Jharia
http://harishjhariasblog.blogspot.com/
The problem is that currently the system is not so successful in giving exact related polls.. Some bug in searching using the tags or search terms...
When it is resolved, it can be implemented..

A nice suggestion..

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
Jobin, you are from this field you may come forward to advise the right way... Yet, Boddunan staff is expert enough to set it right.

Harish Jharia
http://harishjhariasblog.blogspot.com/
@MC, your suggestion looks good. The fact is that many people dont want to try such option even if it made available. The reason you can guess.

We will add this feature in the next release and hope members can make use of it.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

MC
A good suggestion. In fact, I would like to suggest one more thing. At present we can get the list of my polls. Similarly, I would like to have an option for selecting the list of polls created by my favourite member other than me. I prefer this option if it is possible. What do you say?
@MC,

We are infact working on a solution where you have a link below the memeber avatar which will list all polls created by him. May be this is what you are looking for?

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

hi all,
Thank you so much for responding and your appreciation.

Sridhar,
i agree with you and i believe, the last post by maverick is the answer for your suggestion.A link for getting all the polls created by a member!.So we can expect that soon :)

Maverick,
Thank you for your appreciation.That link will be a great idea.As Sridhar said, we can get all the polls of our favorite member.We all will be looking forward to see this features added. :)

boddunan rocks :)
I think "check for similar polls" is a great feature to add to the site. Its a great idea!

WARM REGARDS, KUMAR. "SAVE PAPER, THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT"
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.