Hello Webmasters,

As I have seen till now the members come to this website only to post their articles and visit forum and thats all , then they return to their other work.

This will really make them to remain on this website for longer time.

What we can do is make them more busy by having Polls.
Let members make poll question, the moderator approves them and other members vote. This will make them think more unique. And make each question be active for say 2 weeks , and also these can be rotated on each page.
or
we can have a Poll of the day that administrator creates and post it on the home page regarding any topic related to boddunan.com(but this will makr them busy for a moment only,still we can do this as a new feature)

And we can add Polls section in the left panel as separate link (as listed like Home,Forums,Browse Content,etc.) or we can add it in the space below the "Log Out" link like the sponsored links,this will minimize the developers work instead of integrating it in forums.

Hope you get my point and do tell me about this suggestion (so that we can make members busy and interact to the boddunan.com community for longer time).

Regards,
Atul Barapatre
Boddunan Support Team. :)

atulb@boddunan.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Well, polls concept is there in our initial plan itself. However, couldn't develop the right software in such a short span of time. So we deliver with just articles.

We will work on it and try to develop or atleast search for third party vendors for quickly integrate the polls.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you Maverick,
I thought of getting some help for our developers. Though I don't know whether these website can directly integrate the code on to our website but please have a look, this may help you.

1. http://www.sparklit.com/

2. http://www.learnmyself.com/personality.asp?p=new-poll

3. http://www.micropoll.com/

The 2st one is good but I think they charge some money the 2nd one is free and do have a template for the polls and the 3rd one is also free and give the poll link that can be submitted by the members of boddunan, if we make polls question to be submitted by users.

I found many more but I felt these are easier for the developer to integrate with our website layout.

Hope this small help makes your work little bit easier and simpler.

Thanks
Atul Barapatre

atulb@boddunan.com
Thank you said by: epraneeth77
Hi Atul,

Thank you for suggesting the polls websites. However, we have some concerns over these poll systems.

1. These websites allow you to create poll on their website and give you the code to put on your website. The results and code everything will be on their website. So it is not possible for us to track them like who posted, how many posted etc.
  2. We want to develop a system where all the members can create polls as well as answer them. Using the above web polls, only admins can create and put the code on website.
  3. We want to offer points/cash system for polls and award systems as well in future. It is quite impossible using the above

Anyway thank you for your co-operation. We are already started development of this system and will complete in a 4-6 weeks.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.