I have noticed, very foul language being used by the members in some polls and Articles. If this continues, the reputation of Boddunan will rapidly fall as people who view such content will look at Boddunan as "One of those random websites, where anything goes". I know the people are working hard in the site. My request is the same way a repeated poll is removed, such polls should also be removed. The same way an article is disapproved, articles with foul language should also be disapproved. Please comment if that is possible as with the large number of random new members arriving and posting such content, i am starting to feel a little uncomfortable to browse the site freely.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hello Anusha,

I agree with your views. The basic problem is the user base of boddunan, most of the authors are from India. Though there are many people who are the best in writing articles in English, the same number of authors are there who are not as much proficient as the others.

We cannot through them away as all of them are equal on boddunan platform. We are trying to make the things better by suggesting tips to the authors and providing feedback to them.

We are planning to launch one feature specially for the authors who can express their views perfectly. We have not yet finalized it but will come up with possible criteria soon.

Hope the situation will improve going forward.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Alright Maverick. I hope everything goes well.
Anusha..
Regarding polls I also have the same opinion.Some one post in their spoken language.Regarding articles I see almost good except some spelling mistakes.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I do believe some kind intervention on the part of Boddunan is welcome,necessary and inevitable to meet this problem.As you all know the reputation of a site can made or marred by the kind of professionalism it practises in relation to these issues.I am happy that Boddunan is seized with the issue and a system can be hoped to be in place very shortly to take care of this problem.
Boddunan can find some ways to give automated warning to the user if they use short form of words like coun ( country ), bldg ( building ) etc. I don't know this is possible or not. But boddunan can think over this. This will improve the clarity of the polls to some extent

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.