How to make banana fry(Ethakka Appam)
This is my mother's recipe to make the delicious , traditional Ethakka Appam.Name will have variations according to different regions.
Let's say it as Banana fry here.My personal experience is that,its easy to make and tasty.If you taste it once, you will surley love it.
So,here we goes:
1. 6 ripe bananas, peeled
2. ½ cup water
3. 1 cup refined flour
4. ½ cup rice flour
5. 1 tsp sugar
6. A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
7. Refined vegetable oil
1. Cut each banana into 3 pieces, lengthwise.
2. Make a thick batter with both the flours and ½ cup water. Add sugar and bicarbonate of soda.
3. Dip the banana slices in the batter and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
4. Drain off the excess oil and serve hot.
This will serve 12
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.