The topic is locked.
Hi All,

I am back with another round of Group Discussion Contest. The topic for this round is

"Was Obama a right candidate for Nobel Peace Prize ?"

Thanks to Abid for the topic suggestion. You will get 100 points.

You can also post your suggestions about topic. Please visit Feedback forum.

To know more about this contest Click Here

We are giving 50 points for all the members who post atleast 3 valid replies on Group Discussion topic. Replies should be in a constructive manner either oppose of supporting the topic.

Wish you all the best and be creative, informative and be sportive in taking feedback.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Really the Nobel prize declaration to Obama was a stunning news to the world and even to Obama also.The Nobel committee says that the award was for his "extra ordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation".

But he had just told it with his mouth.After a few days with the same mouth he told that it is going to sent 30000 troops to Afganisthan.What is the matter?

US thinks that they are world police and can put hand every thing in the world.Actually people of Afgan hate this troops.But US will have some reason behind any attacks like it had done in Iraq,North Korea etc.

So in my opinion Obama got this prize for a promisory note.If that cheque (!!!)is rebounded will his Nobel be cancelled?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
10th December A new name added in the history of Noble Prize...

ITS BARACK OBAMA

According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize should be awarded to the person who:
“ ...shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses. "

As per the topic" "Was Obama a right candidate for Nobel Peace Prize ?" I want to say that Obama is the right candidate for the Nobel Prize peace.

Obama awarded for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. Nobel Committee announced the award on October 9, 2009, for Obama's good work for nuclear nonproliferation and a "new climate" in international relations fostered, specially obama reached out to the muslim world.

Many people are not agree for this award to obama because he increase the army persons in afganistan and they think that it will decrease peace. But it is necessary to control the terrorism. Terrorists will not stop untill they reach to their end. So its a part of creating peace after removing this terrorism. He is the man who take the open challenge fight with terrorists. s these days the way of getting peace is changed.
So i am agree award given to obama.
Lohit seth wrote:
[quote]
According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize should be awarded to the person who:
“ ...shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses. "

[/quote]

Here is some doubts.
1) What Obama had done to melt the snow between US and its long years enemies like Cuba,North Korea,Iran etc ?To make relation with simply standing countries is not a herculean task.But if he had done something acceptable regarding this countries definitely he will be the right candidate.

2) Abolition or reduction of standing armies...He had ordered to send more troops to Afgan.Definitely it will abolish and reduce standing enemies not armies !!

3) Promotion of peace congress.This definitely he had done through his many speeches and on that one thing itself if he gets this huge prize what prize will he be given if something extra ordinary had done later?

Visit my blogs:

About standing armies, i am completely favour of him. terrorists attached on his country world trade centre. He wanna open fight then its good we also wanna terrorists will get finish, for this he is sending armies. What have done India. Spend more than 800 crore on single terrorist and he alsways change his answer. Obabama also have done so much good works. According to me he is right candidate fir nobel prize.
Sorry for being late.
It is told that it was for his positive steps towards world peace.But many national leaders had given the same type of promisory notes during their crowning ceremoney.Here Obama's crowning was just days before the last date of nomination.Then by chance some one nominated him and the Nobel committee mis judged it.

One more thing.Obama says our father of nation Gandhiji was the inspiration to him.Gandhiji preached and practiced "Ahimsa" and non-violence.Here this man only preaches and practice the contrary (As shown days after his crowning).According to his preaches he may be a right candidate for President of America but surely a wrong candidate for Nobel peace prize.

Visit my blogs:

Abid obama says our father gandhiji was the inspiration to him. Gandhiji like Ahinsa. But noe the time has been changed, If you are inspire from some body then its not mean to do as same what that person have done from which your are inspired. There is a difference between student and the teacher. He can learn from teacher but its not mean he will do in same style or manner as his teacher have done.

Here Obama Giving Comments after getting nobel prize.

Describing himself as surprised and deeply humbled, Obama said he would accept the award as a "call to action" to confront the global challenges of the 21st century.

"I do not view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments but rather an affirmation of American leadership on behalf of aspirations held by people in all nations," he said in the White House Rose Garden.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee praised Obama for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples," citing his fledgling push for nuclear disarmament and his outreach to the Muslim world.

Obama, a Democrat who took office as the first black U.S. president in January, has been widely credited with improving America's global image after the eight-year presidency of George W. Bush, who alienated both friends and foes with go-it-alone policies like the 2003 U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

But critics called the Nobel committee's decision premature, given that Obama has achieved few tangible gains as he grapples with challenges ranging from the war in Afghanistan and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to nuclear standoffs with Iran and North Korea.

Obama, told of the prize in a pre-dawn call from his press secretary, now also has the burden of living up to its expectations.

The president, who will travel to Oslo to receive the award on December 10, plans to donate the prize money of 10 million Swedish crowns -- roughly $1.4 million -- to charity, the White House said.

So I am completely in the favor of Barack Obama
Lohit seth wrote:
[quote] If you are inspire from some body then its not mean to do as same what that person have done from which your are inspired. [/quote]

Right.But acting totally opposite to the view of inspired person is a fake practice.Inspiration is the result of the activities of a person.That practice will be followed or just kept in mind when we follows him.Here Obama does just opposite.

Unlike the previous US Presidents Obama crowned in when America was going through a lot of crisis.Fortunately Obama had a tongue with whose power he was able to sooth the crowd.He created hopes in US minds.The Nobel committee also got trapped by the same tongue.

You just look the example of recession.Obama told within a year US will regain its power.This gave hopes to many of its citizens.But what is the condition still?One of my cousin in US says things hadn't progressed after this man's crowning.

In his address to Islamic countries he had given some offers regarding the US policy towards them.All knows that US is the arm provider of Israel which massacres thousands of innocent Palestinians daily.Is there any change after Obama's crowning or after confering him Nobel peace prize ?

Like almost all politicians do, Obama also donated the surprise gift prize money for charity.That is only a political stunt.

Visit my blogs:

[quote]But acting totally opposite to the view of inspired person is a fake practice.Inspiration is the result of the activities of a person.That practice will be followed or just kept in mind when we follows him.Here Obama does just opposite.[/quote]

I am saying he is doing in his manner no matter he is opposite. Target should be same.About recession yes Us the financial environment is not so much good. My relatives are also in America they told me that conditions are not so much bad. You should think abid America is the only country which got maximum bad effects through recession. so for a big country like America A lot of time need to cover it and its getting cover slowly slowly.

Obama creates hopes in Us minds then he fill also fulfill it. He is a very true person. If he have the power of tongue then he also have the power of fullfil the hopes.
And he is the president who comes forward in the worst time of Us which is Recession time.

It is the duty of Us to provide arm to that countries for which they have tie-up. Obama gives his Nobel cash into charity. Then its your thinking that he is doing politics. but its dependa upon the thinking people. Who knows, he is doing politics or give this cash for Noble cause. So i think he gives it for Noble cause. you think its politics.

Us is the arm provider then its their duty because he is the best in power. If india will need arms during any need then US will also gives.

Obama Will do but every good process take time so we have to wait for it.
In first month of obama as president he works this..
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act

Less than a month in office, signs into law the $787 billion stimulus plan, the largest spending bill in the country's history. The package garners three Republican votes in the Senate, none in the House.

Major elements include infrastructure spending, expanded unemployment benefits, increased food stamps, aid to states to pay for Medicaid and tax breaks for individuals and businesses.

Estimates the bill will result in 3 million to 4 million jobs saved or created.
Senate passes $787 billion economic recovery act.

Its is a great job.

In his first 7 months in office:

He has so far passed an economic recovery bill which has met mixed criticism but is slowly progressing. He has passed the AMD Stabilization and Support bill which was tailored to help stabilize and strengthen the United States Military, and has shown improvement within the standard. President Obama has also been working on other proposals, bills, and acts to be passed on topics such as Health Care reform, Education, the Mortgage crisis, the war on Al-Qaeda, and Domestic policy.

So sending armies to the afganisthan is the present need.

So i am in the favor of Nobel prize given to Barack Obama.
      OK...So within a period of seven months his contribution to keep world peace is the promising of sending additional troops to Afganisthan and pulling out troops from Iraq!!!

Actually both of this countries civilians hate the presence of US troop there.So that people should be given Nobel Peace Prize for not turning so violent against this army!!!

Visit my blogs:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.