The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Maybe what you said is true sajee. Going by what you say, the domestic industries are not given tax leverage while the MNC's are enjoying it. And most of the domestic companies power supply comes for a premium cost, while that for MNC's are either free or at a very low cost.. The government does hamper our domestic companies...
@ Sajeetharan,
May be Indians work in MNC's at a low salary and may be you think its not good for the country in long run but what about if there was no Globalisation and there would be no such MNC's then unemployment problem would have made life hell for many people. There would have been more crimes in India as there would have been more competition to get a single job .

Friends MNC's does not only help Indians to get employment but also the tax paid by them to the government can be used for the development of the countries.

As we know due to the accident between two ships there was oil leakage in sea's in Mumbai and to solve this problem soon and to know about the proper situation teams were called from other countries . If there was no Globalisation and good contact with other countries this would have become hard.
@ sajeetharan,

Different people have different thinking and thoughts. Some of my thoghts seem to overlap and coincide with your saying. It is not exactly summarising. :)
[hide]Cool boy wrote!
May be Indians work in MNC's at a low salary and may be you think its not good for the country in long run but what about if there was no Globalisation and there would be no such MNC's then unemployment problem would have made life hell for many people.
[/hide]

Did you read my posts? This was my point to nataraj's question.

Nagalakshmi,
Yes if i meant anything wrong..i am sorry!

When we look at disadvantages,the problem with globalization is that it has been implemented partially, rich countries have succeeded in getting the subsidies and other benefits removed from third world countries, whereas they themselves continue to subsidise their farmers thus hurting our farm sectors.the problem is when the farm sector is hurt, the prices rise, hurting the common man, since majority of the common men are also farmers, they are hurt twice.
The discussion is rocking!! Great job guys!!

Nataraj:
[quote]Sajee as you said the globalization has increased the connectivity and everything are in our hand today.. But we should not forget that, MNC's come to India mainly due to low wages which is not possible in the developed world.. In one way Indians are made to work more than the westerners with less salary, which is not good for our country on long run..It would have been better if India had developed strong domestic market before globalization so in order to get competitive edge, MNC's would have had to pay more to attract more skilled persons..[/quote]

Nataraj, I just cannot resist adding my point of view to what you are saying! As per your statement, before going global, we should first strengthen our domestic market and then invite foreign companies to invest in our company so that our people get salaries at par with what the people in US and Europe get, is that what you are saying?

One thing I want you to consider or think about is that we cannot compare the salaries that we get in India with what people get in US or Europe, but compare the salaries what the domestic companies paid us prior o the MNCs coming to India. That would be an ideal comparison. Compare the living standards of people before and after the establishment of MNCs in India and you get the answer!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Hi Friends, Today's the last day for the discussion of this topic, so post your thoughts and arguments on this quickly!!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Eactly kalyani,

But I know a guy(whose dad was running a saloon in a village, getting barely 1000-1200/month) who landed in a s/w company immediately after completing engineeringg. He and his family are living comfortably today. Without the advent of sunrise industries (like s/w, pvt insurance/telecom/banking/retail) i don't know how the future would have been. It has opened up opportunities for millions of people creating direct and indirect employment. Its true that the benefits of globalization has not reached all the sections of the society but it has its own pros outweighing the cons.

globalization allows corporations to seek countries where labour costs and taxes are lower, causing countries to lessen workers rights in order to attract foreign investments. Workers, on the other hand, cant (usually) seek countries with better labour conditions.

But because of globalization in developing countries like India, The Rich Got Richer and Cost of living went up.Instead of one common soap and powder we have a million and,face,lip ,hair,gel,gloss etc.More Brands ,More Price Bands.The Metros and Cities in general have seen mass influx of population from the villages.Hence growth in the Automobile Sales,Real Estate,Bank Accounts.Almost all Indians are in a debt trap thanks to Mass usage of Credit Card unaware of the Consequences.Mobile mania in the villages.Gram Panchayat gets less participants thanks to "Soap Serials" in the TV.A million channels making news out of nothing.My neighbor doesn't know me nor i know him-both are always "busy".I find time to say "hi" to online friends and add to my "busy"ness but get little time to visit my relatives.Bhajans are not done by me but my CD Player.
According to me as I am ending my part in this discussion I would like to conclude with my point that globalistion is must for developing countries.
There are various advantages of Globalisation for a developing country , they are
1. Globalisation helps developing countries in various problems as they get help from other countries.

2. Economic problems can be solved in a country due to Globalisation.

3. Globalisation brings new technlogy, new companies and much more in developing countries.

Friends may Globalisation has some disadvantages but why to be against globalisation if it has so many more advantages then its disadvantages. All the developing countries will prosper only if there is more and more globalisation.
Kalyani do look at the work load too, surely the work load and the unethical timings during night weren't there before globalisation.. Ofcourse everything comes with a sacrifice, people for more salary has lost their important part of life, the family..
Globalization has a wider impact on our life.from the morning to night we use the products amd accessories that are result of globalisation.it has some of the good and some of the bad effect on the ecomony of our country.but still it is very necessary for the peace and development of the human society.it gives great chances for the world business and provides a better platform to emerging economies.

Hence,markets never remain same forever. though globalization seems more risk taking propostion according to me its a risk aversion technique. through globalization companies seal themselves against recesion happening in a particular part of the world, get to have many sources of supply and production, it helps in increasing the product life cycle and gives a company so many opportunities. so in todays times, particularly in developing countries like India globalization is a necessity.

Thanks for the participation and support friends!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.