The festival of colours is going to be here soon. Holi , the spring festival and Bhang are interwoven with each other. Bhang effects health in many ways. But it doesn’t mean there are no alternatives for Bhang to carry ahead the spirit of Holi.
Here are a few alternatives for Bhang
http://www.mensxp.com/health/live-healthy/8492-healthy-alternatives-to-bhang.html
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't understand why people should use bhang when it comes to celebrations. It has become very common to use bhang during such occasions. And there's good info in the link you provided.
I don't understand why people should use bhang when it comes to celebrations. It has become very common to use bhang during such occasions. And there's good info in the link you provided.

Celebrations are always linked with some sort of intoxicating activities. In addition to this our mythologies link Bhang with Siva.
I thought Bhang was used only during Mahashivratri. I haven't heard about it being consumed during the occasions of holi
Bhang is an old fashioned item with youth today that takes lot of effort to prepare and also can cause lot of harm if quantity goes overboard. I suggest people should forget about such toxic items and celebrate the festival gracefully. I avoid such items and water colors/paints etc
for me a tika with gulal is enough.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I thought Bhang was used only during Mahashivratri. I haven't heard about it being consumed during the occasions of holi

Bhang Ke Pede, Bhang and milk Sherbat are some of the drinks associated with Holi festival.

Bhang Ke Pede, Bhang and milk Sherbat are some of the drinks associated with Holi festival.

Mathura is the place where my forefathers came to settle after leaving Punjab, so who would know better about Bhang than me on this forum? :laugh:

Mathura is the place where my forefathers came to settle after leaving Punjab, so who would know better about Bhang than me on this forum? :laugh:

And don't forget ODISHA, a haven for Bhang preparations amongst the Pandas of Puri.

And don't forget ODISHA, a haven for Bhang preparations amongst the Pandas of Puri.

You got to see it on my highway- I currently live on Delhi-Hardware- Mussorie highway where Kanwar yatra happens twice every year. Our highway remains closed for traffic to give way to almost 30-40 lackh Kanwaria passing through every day for 10-15 days in front of my colony. Almost half of them under influence of Bhang which is easily available during rainy (Sawan) season on both side of roads as plants are a plenty. The highway turns into a big gathering of people dressed in bhagwa called 'Bhole'

You got to see it on my highway- I currently live on Delhi-Hardware- Mussorie highway where Kanwar yatra happens twice every year. Our highway remains closed for traffic to give way to almost 30-40 lackh Kanwaria passing through every day for 10-15 days in front of my colony. Almost half of them under influence of Bhang which is easily available during rainy (Sawan) season on both side of roads as plants are a plenty. The highway turns into a big gathering of people dressed in bhagwa called 'Bhole'

Yes, true, i know the popularity of Bhang in your regions. Many of my friends who hail from your place used to tell interesting things about Mathura Ke Pede and Bhang.

Yes, true, i know the popularity of Bhang in your regions. Many of my friends who hail from your place used to tell interesting things about Mathura Ke Pede and Bhang.

I am no more living in Mathura but Delhi Hardwar higway-24 about 1km inside
just watch this video i made last year in Sawan during Kanwar in night time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6ga_wn1RVo

Thank you said by: rambabu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.