Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The festival of colours is going to be here soon. Holi , the spring festival and Bhang are interwoven with each other. Bhang effects health in many ways. But it doesn’t mean there are no alternatives for Bhang to carry ahead the spirit of Holi.
Here are a few alternatives for Bhang
http://www.mensxp.com/health/live-healthy/8492-healthy-alternatives-to-bhang.html

Your suggestion is good one but these are all soft drink but bhang is not soft drink.
Holi is coming so my suggestion is to use only herbal color and not to take any type of hard drinks.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Holi is coming so my suggestion is to use only herbal color and not to take any type of hard drinks.

But the real question I would like to ask is, is it so necessary to celebrate Holi with colors? Until a few years ago it was okay, but not now. Why not plant a tree instead?
Holi is celebrated in my house without bhang for years. Having social drink is ok.

Explain a bit what is social drinks?.

:blink:

Social drinks includes Coca Cola, Thumbs Up, Pepsi, Limca, etc.; all types of cold drinks or thandai. Nimbo pani, cold coffee or fruit juice also comes under the category of social drinks. You can have hot drinks like tea, coffee, etc. They are also social drinks. Any drink which you can have along with your social circles.
Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

But the real question I would like to ask is, is it so necessary to celebrate Holi with colors? Until a few years ago it was okay, but not now. Why not plant a tree instead?

If there is no colours to celebrate Holi, the very essence of the Holi celebration would be lost!! I feel that Colours are what makes Holi special. Nowadays, even that is being gradually replaced. Nowadays, people do not play with holi as much as it was played in earlier times.... Even in our place, people are more into other Holi related activities like sports, cultural programmes etc.

If there is no colours to celebrate Holi, the very essence of the Holi celebration would be lost!! I feel that Colours are what makes Holi special. Nowadays, even that is being gradually replaced. Nowadays, people do not play with holi as much as it was played in earlier times.... Even in our place, people are more into other Holi related activities like sports, cultural programmes etc.

Festivals are our cultural heritage on which we are proud of. They should be celebrated in their true spirit without driving them in to ugly alleys.
The festival of colours is going to be here soon. Holi , the spring festival and Bhang are interwoven with each other. Bhang effects health in many ways. But it doesn’t mean there are no alternatives for Bhang to carry ahead the spirit of Holi.
http://www.mensxp.com/health/live-healthy/8492-healthy-alternatives-to-bhang.html

Many people love to drink bhang on this day as it is one of the culture. They love to enjoy by having it.

Is it a culture? :blink:

I think we have made it a culture which is wrong. :laugh:

There are innumerable wrong things which are growing in the shades of our culture. Dowry, Sati to name a few

Well, I am aware of the system of dowry. But sati, too? Does that still happen in India? I mean I never heard of that even in news. I don't think it exists today.
Abhijit you are correct. I have never heard regarding the sati system being practiced anywhere in India in this era. This has been stopped and made illegal many years back.

Evils of dowry system exists. Together with this the sacrifice of innocent babies and people in the name of dharma is practiced in some places secretly. Female infanticides also exists in India.
Some people believe that Holi is incomplete without Rang aur bhang ki masti.

People drink Bhang for fun.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Food/All-about-Bhang/Article1-822262.aspx

Be positive

Many people love to drink bhang on this day as it is one of the culture. They love to enjoy by having it.

Is it a culture? :blink:

I think we have made it a culture which is wrong. :laugh:

There are innumerable wrong things which are growing in the shades of our culture. Dowry, Sati to name a few

Well, I am aware of the system of dowry. But sati, too? Does that still happen in India? I mean I never heard of that even in news. I don't think it exists today.

'You never heard" it doesn't mean things are not happening. Do you think, India is that advanced to cover entire nook and corner of this country to feed us about how things are happening.?
A sati happened in the remote corner of a Girijan area in My district just 25 days ago.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.