Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think Sonia and Rahul both would have accepted the post but reluctance is there on their part just because of one horrible reason. The deaths of Rajiv and Indira Gandhi by insurgents while in office perhaps is stopping them to be there in PM office, but it's all right, they are enjoying the status even from outside so why should Rahul become prime minister and shoulder the burden or take the responsibility in case something goes wrong.

You are right. There is another reason for not accepting PM’s post ( and now Rahul ). Sonia envisaged long ago that by remaining in the background, she could enjoy power at the same time escape from the brickbats rained on the man at the helm of the affairs. Her sycophant fans proudly describe it as an act of “ Sacrifice.”

Thats exactly what it is, remian in the background but pull strings like a puppeteer which suits the family very well and we have enough Bakhras in the congress party who would do anything as long as their favors are met with...our nations politics is the joke of the western world , people laugh at it, wondering how a foreign lady can sit and call the shots ...

Congress is what This is!. Congressmen are what they are! The voters will also remain what they are! Sonia Gandhi will remain 'foreign' in spite of all that she did in India! Then what to do? The India voters have no alternative. They will again support the 'Foreign lady' and all her men!

Is this not the time we talk less on personalities and more on policies!.

Personalities and policies are intertwined with each other. They are inseparable. The name of Mahatma Gandhi invariably pushes forward his policies and principles ( Ahimsa). Hitler’s name is linked with his heinous policy, “Nazi hatred.”

Ideology may be related to person but is distinct and separate. Also the personality is part of a bigger organization. What Sonia and Rahul state on policy matters may be matter of discussion but discussing their personal family matters or how they eat and sleep may be too personal. Some type back, Mayavati, BSP leader even talked of soap used by Rahul Gandhi. I may give another example of Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru. It is okay to remember him as architect of modern India but what about his detractors digging his ancestry to prove that his forefathers were non Hindus.

Dominique Lapierre in his book “Freedom at midnight” writes about a few strange habits of Mahatma Gandhi about the ways he use to test his celibacy. Though these are the personal matters of Mahatma Gandhi, none objected. Because, Mahatma Gandhi was a public figure. You and I are not public figures. Naturally people will not talk about us. We are not public figures. A public figure’s life is an open book .
I think Sonia and Rahul both would have accepted the post but reluctance is there on their part just because of one horrible reason. The deaths of Rajiv and Indira Gandhi by insurgents while in office perhaps is stopping them to be there in PM office, but it's all right, they are enjoying the status even from outside so why should Rahul become prime minister and shoulder the burden or take the responsibility in case something goes wrong.

You are right. There is another reason for not accepting PM’s post ( and now Rahul ). Sonia envisaged long ago that by remaining in the background, she could enjoy power at the same time escape from the brickbats rained on the man at the helm of the affairs. Her sycophant fans proudly describe it as an act of “ Sacrifice.”

Thats exactly what it is, remian in the background but pull strings like a puppeteer which suits the family very well and we have enough Bakhras in the congress party who would do anything as long as their favors are met with...our nations politics is the joke of the western world , people laugh at it, wondering how a foreign lady can sit and call the shots ...

Congress is what This is!. Congressmen are what they are! The voters will also remain what they are! Sonia Gandhi will remain 'foreign' in spite of all that she did in India! Then what to do? The India voters have no alternative. They will again support the 'Foreign lady' and all her men!

Personalities and policies are intertwined with each other. They are inseparable. The name of Mahatma Gandhi invariably pushes forward his policies and principles ( Ahimsa). Hitler’s name is linked with his heinous policy, “Nazi hatred.”

Ideology may be related to person but is distinct and separate. Also the personality is part of a bigger organization. What Sonia and Rahul state on policy matters may be matter of discussion but discussing their personal family matters or how they eat and sleep may be too personal. Some type back, Mayavati, BSP leader even talked of soap used by Rahul Gandhi. I may give another example of Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru. It is okay to remember him as architect of modern India but what about his detractors digging his ancestry to prove that his forefathers were non Hindus.

Dominique Lapierre in his book “Freedom at midnight” writes about a few strange habits of Mahatma Gandhi about the ways he use to test his celibacy. Though these are the personal matters of Mahatma Gandhi, none objected. Because, Mahatma Gandhi was a public figure. You and I are not public figures. Naturally people will not talk about us. We are not public figures. A public figure’s life is an open book .

Yes. You may talk about personal life of Mahatma Gandhi but that cannot be part of Gandhian thought and is not relevant to real politics. As long as we are able to distinguish between what is personal and what is socially or politically relevant, all is well. also it is a matter of personal attitude. I am opposed to peeping in personal lives of any one including politicians and artists. So, I just enjoy the movies without bothering about affairs of the film personalities. but there are many who are more interested in movie gossip than movies.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes. You may talk about personal life of Mahatma Gandhi but that cannot be part of Gandhian thought and is not relevant to real politics. As long as we are able to distinguish between what is personal and what is socially or politically relevant, all is well. also it is a matter of personal attitude. I am opposed to peeping in personal lives of any one including politicians and artists. So, I just enjoy the movies without bothering about affairs of the film personalities. but there are many who are more interested in movie gossip than movies.

Peeping in to personal lives is not an appreciable trait. I appreciate that quality in a person who minds his own business.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, anil

Peeping in to personal lives is not an appreciable trait. I appreciate that quality in a person who minds his own business.

That can never happen with public figures and politicians since every move of theirs gets scrutinised. People would want to know whether these people who wield so much power and have access to the country's wealth are really doing what they are supposed to do or taking the nation for a ride, which of course Congress has been doing since independence...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: anil
Came across this very humorous article by Swapan Dasgupta in Times of India...his observation of our political scenario is hilarious..The best comment to this article came from one of the readers - too many words wasted behind a useless character called Rahul Gandhi."

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/right-and-wrong/entry/give-rahul-baba-a-break

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10735]}

India is estate of Gandhi family (Not Mahatma Gandhi). They are king of this country,
Came across this very humorous article by Swapan Dasgupta in Times of India...his observation of our political scenario is hilarious..The best comment to this article came from one of the readers - too many words wasted behind a useless character called Rahul Gandhi."

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/right-and-wrong/entry/give-rahul-baba-a-break

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10735]}

India is estate of Gandhi family (Not Mahatma Gandhi). They are king of this country,

Perhaps their kingdom is a sinking ship the way tide is blowing. It is a 'low blow tide' which is sweeping everything toward the shore where a junkyard is located and also a ship never sails well on the shore.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.