The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
India is rich in its cultutal heritage, though modernity enters to social life but still most of them are very traditional while dealing with festive occasions. It all those comes to celebration time and happy and moment and social get together, where humans due to rapid fire professional life failed to enjoy the basics of fundamentals of their life. :cheer:

Of course as far as celebrations and get togethers are concerned festivals are OK.the problem arises with the accompanying rituals which are rigid. This rigidity aspect irks the mod generation. I celebrate deepavali with no strings attached.

In fact, violation of rigidity makes thing more absurd. Wives were fasting for husbands' long life. This is absurd but traditional. Now some husbands also do this for wives' long life. This is both- absurd and not traditional- completely absurd and senseless. .

This is not related to long life but for love and affection. When men see women will not agree to their reasons, they do it to show their togetherness. This has nothing to do with long or short life. Had it been like that all Hindu husbands would have lived longer than their wives. Or if we go by traditions or beliefs, you cannot name a single festival of any religion which has any scientific or sensible reason.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

India is rich in its cultutal heritage, though modernity enters to social life but still most of them are very traditional while dealing with festive occasions. It all those comes to celebration time and happy and moment and social get together, where humans due to rapid fire professional life failed to enjoy the basics of fundamentals of their life. :cheer:

Of course as far as celebrations and get togethers are concerned festivals are OK.the problem arises with the accompanying rituals which are rigid. This rigidity aspect irks the mod generation. I celebrate deepavali with no strings attached.

In fact, violation of rigidity makes thing more absurd. Wives were fasting for husbands' long life. This is absurd but traditional. Now some husbands also do this for wives' long life. This is both- absurd and not traditional- completely absurd and senseless. .
It is suprising some males begin to do this, this tradition is difficult and I till to date am unable to find the answer how to fast for such a long time. :ohmy: :huh:

Actually men too fast in such a rigid manner, especially nine days of Navratri. Navratri fast has become quite in fashion in the recent years, and I know many men who are from North India observe the nine days fast along with women. All the have during these nine days is two cloves each day and only tea or milk! while men and women from Maharashtra eat only one meal a day made from fixed limited foodstuff.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This is not related to long life but for love and affection. When men see women will not agree to their reasons, they do it to show their togetherness. This has nothing to do with long or short life. Had it been like that all Hindu husbands would have lived longer than their wives. Or if we go by traditions or beliefs, you cannot name a single festival of any religion which has any scientific or sensible reason.

Of course, long life has nothing to do with the Karwa Chauth Vrat but traditionally, this is only for this. Hence wives' vrat (fast) for her husband's long life is traditional. This is substantiated by stories linked to the festival. In fact, males are not allowed to listen to these. This is also tradition. so far this is okay. But men going on fast is modern addition and makes no sense whatsoever. This is not traditional. The Vrat is just a tradition. Even when wives hate their husbands, they observe the fast because of tradition.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Of course, long life has nothing to do with the Karwa Chauth Vrat but traditionally, this is only for this. Hence wives' vrat (fast) for her husband's long life is traditional. This is substantiated by stories linked to the festival. In fact, males are not allowed to listen to these. This is also tradition. so far this is okay. But men going on fast is modern addition and makes no sense whatsoever. This is not traditional. The Vrat is just a tradition. Even when wives hate their husbands, they observe the fast because of tradition.

As I said, no traditions of any religion would come to pass the test if we had to go by scientific books. As for fasting by men there are hundreds of reasons to do that but none will come good at any reason. This is an endless arguments which will never end. Men do not keep Karva Chouth vrat for the sake of traditions but to save their wives from cooking while their wives are hungry for them. And see I used word HUNGRY and not fast.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This reminds me of a recent incident,a husband forced his wife to observe Karwa Chauth for his long life. But the wife was not willing. Then there was friction between the couple. The disgusted wife committed suicide. Draw your own conclusions from this incident.
This reminds me of a recent incident,a husband forced his wife to observe Karwa Chauth for his long life. But the wife was not willing. Then there was friction between the couple. The disgusted wife committed suicide. Draw your own conclusions from this incident.
It is horrific and the incident shows how some males can be so brutal and force their better half to observe this for their own good, this is a blind believe but ladies do it at their own choices. :(

http://mohanmekap.com/

This is almost like the forced Sati pracice that is still being carried out in some remote villages of Rajasthan....The womn is simply tied up whether she likes it or not and burnt along with her husband....I feel it is because of two things one total lack of respect for women and customs and tradions that make them blind to everything else...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

This is almost like the forced Sati pracice that is still being carried out in some remote villages of Rajasthan....The womn is simply tied up whether she likes it or not and burnt along with her husband....I feel it is because of two things one total lack of respect for women and customs and tradions that make them blind to everything else...

Yes. We need a Raja Rammohan roy at this juncture.
There is just another fast that mothers observe for son's life. I wonder why father does not observe fast. Also why fast for son and not daughter.

http://daily-india-live.com/2010/10/30/ahoi-ashtami-fast-fast-for-sons/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There is just another fast that mothers observe for son's life. I wonder why father does not observe fast. Also why fast for son and not daughter.

http://daily-india-live.com/2010/10/30/ahoi-ashtami-fast-fast-for-sons/

There is a story behind it and thats why they pray ...But how these stories , however unbelievable they are , get round and in time become traditions and customs is truly amazing ! It beomes so deep rooted !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.