Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
During the golden era of music, when a song required a high level of vocal flexibility and classical punch, the natural choice was Manna Dey. From Qawwalis (Yeh Ishq Ishq hai) to romantic duets (Pyar hua iqraar hua), fast nubers (Aaoo twist karen, Jhoomta mausam mast mahina) to patriotic songs (Aye mere pyare watan) or prayer numbers (Tu pyar ka saagar hai) -- he was the versatile genius.

True. He has raised himself to suit any mood and emotion that warrants for the situation with his impeccable tonal variations.

Manna dey never had any ego issues where singing for smaller heroes was concerned and we can see him singing for all....His singing never varies and his songs irrespective of who they are picturised on went on to become very popular with his fans..
I prefer Hemant Kumar, but many songs which he sangs is still with my Galaxy device has been treat to listen. He will live in these songs among fans.

Manna Dey and Hemant Kumar are of two different genres. Each with his own singing styles. They cannot be bracketed together.

I too feel the same way ! Both the singers had distinctive vice and style of singing and were accomplished like all the singers were during those days.They were all special...

A rich baritone voice of Hemant and a mellifluous and melodious tone of Manna dey are two different traits which together enriched the filmy music of yesteryears.

Although they have not sung any songs together , they have done so in Benagali films.Manna dey sang the maximum number of songs with Mohammad Rafi among the male singers and with Lata M among the female singers

I remember "Mama O Mama " sung by Manna dey and Rafi in Parvarish. And I think there is one in Kalpana also

Tu hi mera prem devta is from Kalpana, together they have sung more than 100 songs together including many qawalis ..

Yes. Now one by one songs sung by this combo are coming in to mind.
Soharab and Rustom - phir tumhaari yaad aayi ai sanam. Besides these two there was a third singer who sang this song. I forgot his name.

It was a prfessional quwal named Sadat Khan...Manna dey and Rafi were the popular choice for almost all quwalis because of the versatality of their voice...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu
During the golden era of music, when a song required a high level of vocal flexibility and classical punch, the natural choice was Manna Dey. From Qawwalis (Yeh Ishq Ishq hai) to romantic duets (Pyar hua iqraar hua), fast nubers (Aaoo twist karen, Jhoomta mausam mast mahina) to patriotic songs (Aye mere pyare watan) or prayer numbers (Tu pyar ka saagar hai) -- he was the versatile genius.

True. He has raised himself to suit any mood and emotion that warrants for the situation with his impeccable tonal variations.

Manna dey never had any ego issues where singing for smaller heroes was concerned and we can see him singing for all....His singing never varies and his songs irrespective of who they are picturised on went on to become very popular with his fans..
I prefer Hemant Kumar, but many songs which he sangs is still with my Galaxy device has been treat to listen. He will live in these songs among fans.

Manna Dey and Hemant Kumar are of two different genres. Each with his own singing styles. They cannot be bracketed together.

I too feel the same way ! Both the singers had distinctive vice and style of singing and were accomplished like all the singers were during those days.They were all special...

A rich baritone voice of Hemant and a mellifluous and melodious tone of Manna dey are two different traits which together enriched the filmy music of yesteryears.

Although they have not sung any songs together , they have done so in Benagali films.Manna dey sang the maximum number of songs with Mohammad Rafi among the male singers and with Lata M among the female singers

I remember "Mama O Mama " sung by Manna dey and Rafi in Parvarish. And I think there is one in Kalpana also

Tu hi mera prem devta is from Kalpana, together they have sung more than 100 songs together including many qawalis ..

Soharab and Rustom - phir tumhaari yaad aayi ai sanam. Besides these two there was a third singer who sang this song. I forgot his name.

It was a prfessional quwal named Sadat Khan...Manna dey and Rafi were the popular choice for almost all quwalis because of the versatality of their voice...

Kudos to you. You are blessed with fabulous memory. I was struggling to recollect the third name, Sadat Khan.

Kudos to you. You are blessed with fabulous memory. I was struggling to recollect the third name, Sadat Khan.

Phir tumhari yaad aayi is a family favorite and we all listen to it day in and day out so I know all the details inside and out :) ...One of the best quwalis composed by Composer Sajjad Hussain who was known as a genius composer...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Phir tumhari yaad aayi is a family favorite and we all listen to it day in and day out so I know all the details inside and out :) ...One of the best quwalis composed by Composer Sajjad Hussain who was known as a genius composer...

Yes. I too remember my fav songs. Some times there will be a blockade . Saljjad Hussain is a great mandolin player. He worked for many Telugu films as a Mandolin player especially with K. V Mahadevan.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Manna Dey was a great legendary singer whom India and Bangladesh will remember forever. He received many rewards and honours from the government . He will remain alive in his songs.
Manna Dey was a great legendary singer whom India and Bangladesh will remember forever. He received many rewards and honours from the government . He will remain alive in his songs.

Legends are forever. They may not be physically with us, but he will be alive in the hearts of music lovers.
Manna dey has sung for Malyalam films and also for a Kannada film.His song Manasa Maine varu for the Malayalam film Chemmen which got a National award is remembered to this day by music lovers ... A beautiful haunting melody... The music was composed by Salil Chaudhury !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4FHG5baLOM

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Manna dey has sung for Malyalam films and also for a Kannada film.His song Manasa Maine varu for the Malayalam film Chemmen which got a National award is remembered to this day by music lovers ... A beautiful haunting melody... The music was composed by Salil Chaudhury !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4FHG5baLOM

Yes, I heard this song and seen the film also. His rendition is as unique as the film.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.