Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Of the olden days singers it Manna Dey whose songs I love the most. It is not because that I want to speak about him so I am saying this. His songs are indeed very pleasing. I love to hear his songs before going to bed.

The reason is his songs are soothing and soul stirring.
Of the olden days singers it Manna Dey whose songs I love the most. It is not because that I want to speak about him so I am saying this. His songs are indeed very pleasing. I love to hear his songs before going to bed.

Exactly. His voice has a unique blend. It reaches out to your heart for sure. And if one listens to the songs with care, he can find a great meaning in them. Simply superb.

Exactly. His voice has a unique blend. It reaches out to your heart for sure. And if one listens to the songs with care, he can find a great meaning in them. Simply superb.

Its the trait of music. Its aim is to spread waves of ecstasy in the listener's heart. Good music sends you in to a trance. That helps in fortifying your concentration.
Manna dey has sung several songs for Kishore Kumar as a hero and according to many music experts their voices and tones are very similar ....In fact even Mohammad Rafi has sung for Kishore kumar for his films !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Manna dey has sung several songs for Kishore Kumar as a hero and according to many music experts their voices and tones are very similar ....In fact even Mohammad Rafi has sung for Kishore kumar for his films !

He sang for kishore in Begunaah,din albeli Shaam ka Mausam and rafi sang for kishoreManmora baawara. I may please be pardoned if my lyrics are wrong.

He sang for kishore in Begunaah,din albeli Shaam ka Mausam and rafi sang for kishoreManmora baawara. I may please be pardoned if my lyrics are wrong.
His classical expertise is wonderful and he was unlucky to live in the era of Rafi, Mukesh, Hemanta Kumar. He will be remembered for his wonderful singing. :)

http://mohanmekap.com/

His classical expertise is wonderful and he was unlucky to live in the era of Rafi, Mukesh, Hemanta Kumar. He will be remembered for his wonderful singing. :)

No I dont think he is unlucky to live in the era of Rafi, Mukesh etc. Rather all these singers together added a unique quality to Indian film music.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Manna dey also sang for Kishore for the film Naughty boy- Ho gayi sham din badnaam and for the film Krorepathi ' Aa p huye mere balam mein tumhari huyi ' - both duets with Asha and Lata. ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

for classical songs Manna Dey was first choice of music composers. Jhanak Jhank Bajey Paylia ( Mere Hazoor) is one of the best classical song of Manna Dey

for classical songs Manna Dey was first choice of music composers. Jhanak Jhank Bajey Paylia ( Mere Hazoor) is one of the best classical song of Manna Dey

Manna dey's speciality lies in the fact that he makes tough classical songs also look easy. " ek Chatura Naar " from padosan is one of such songs.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.