Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Breakfast is very important for our daily routine.
We must Eat a well-balanced and nutritious breakfast in the morning.

It's only through a solid and nutrient rich breakfast one can make himself ready to face the strenuous and rigorous day ahead. Skipping the breakfast is not advisable. You can afford to have a poor lunch and poor dinner, but not your breakfast.

It's only through a solid and nutrient rich breakfast one can make himself ready to face the strenuous and rigorous day ahead. Skipping the breakfast is not advisable. You can afford to have a poor lunch and poor dinner, but not your breakfast.

In spite of this fact being well known I see a lot of school children leave home with just tea and biscuits...The least parents can do is give them a fruit and a glass of milk ....and the lunch boxes too are filled with chips, biscuits ,bland noodles ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In spite of this fact being well known I see a lot of school children leave home with just tea and biscuits...The least parents can do is give them a fruit and a glass of milk ....and the lunch boxes too are filled with chips, biscuits ,bland noodles ...

True. This trend in the parents i have observed filling their children's lunch boxes with stuff which is hardly nutrient stuff. This is because both the parents and children are in a hurry. The mother gets up just a few minutes earlier than the children. Then wastes another 15 minutes in making the children wake up. In these conditions, mothers do not have an option except settling with the instant noodles readily available in the markets. I feel parents are the real culprits.

First the parents get their child accustomed to the taste of such junk food and then complain that their child won't eat anything else. Therefore in many schools now, including my son's, it is compulsory for the parents to give only roti-sabji in their tiffins daily and only one day in the week, snacks of their choice are allowed. It is upto the parents to get their children used to a certain diet!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Realizing the importance of Nutritious breakfast, now schools are insisting the parents on filling the children's lunch boxes with solid, not with liquid type of breakfasts to prevent the spilling in the children's school bags. I have seen in Bangaluru. With the introduction of this strict rule, parents are forced to fill the lunch boxes of their children with nutritious stuff. The school managements in other parts of the country should introduce this rule

A well-balanced breakfast can even include liquid food too. Many people consume only liquid in the morning, like juices of various fruits, or salads or a full glass of good quality milk. Those who are used to it, can sustain time until lunch with this much food only.

A well-balanced breakfast can even include liquid food too. Many people consume only liquid in the morning, like juices of various fruits, or salads or a full glass of good quality milk. Those who are used to it, can sustain time until lunch with this much food only.

Yes. liquid food also can make a good breakfast. But the exception is fruit juices. Instead one should go for whole fruits because a fruit juice will lose its vital nutrient Fiber.
I am very fond of Mendu Vada in breakfast. I love it very much.

Want to make each day Accountable

Most days I have oats mixed with corn flakes, a banana or any fruit , honey and a glass of cold milk for breakfast.This is the easiest to prepare ,filling and nutritious and sustains me for a long time, sometimes until evening..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Most days I have oats mixed with corn flakes, a banana or any fruit , honey and a glass of cold milk for breakfast.This is the easiest to prepare ,filling and nutritious and sustains me for a long time, sometimes until evening..

With a slight variation I too prepare the same Breakfast as that of yours. Difference is I don't add milk but water. I add a a small piece of Jaggery too.. It reduces the quantity of afternoon meals.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.