Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Although it is healthy and nutritious Honey is rich in calories, so we need to use it carefully, especially if you are dieting .. It also has high sugar content ..

But, I thought people who wish to lose weight our supposed to mix honey and lemon juice in luke warm water and consume it in the morning to get the benefit.

A spoonful of honey is ok but people tend to add on 2, 3 or 4 spoonfuls which only adds on calories although it is nutritious, this is what I am told by a dietician friend of mine...

Yes, a spoonful of honey is what is beneficial...excessive consumption is harmful.

Quantity makes a big difference. A registered Naturopathe doctor decides the quantity of honey to be taken depending on the nature of your complant or the ailment.sometimes a mere drop of honey may serve the purpose.

Honey is precious; and more precious is the strenuous effort of honey bees. Figures say that in order to make one pound of honey, the honey bees have to tap two million flowers and have to fly about 55000 miles.

Very true..honey bees are one of the best gifts that nature has given us and yet we kill them and destroy their combs the moment they venture anywhere near us!

Not only Bees. Many small organisms like Ants and spiders teach us many things. Humans are not patient to learn the lessons offered by these tiny creatures. Instead we destroy them.

Its not just learning things from them, while it is true they have a lot to offer us, but we are far too important and superior to learn from them! :S :unsure: or else we would have left them alone. But at least fro the sake of their use to us in preserving our environment and maintaining local ecological systems, we should not destroy them!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Although it is healthy and nutritious Honey is rich in calories, so we need to use it carefully, especially if you are dieting .. It also has high sugar content ..

But, I thought people who wish to lose weight our supposed to mix honey and lemon juice in luke warm water and consume it in the morning to get the benefit.

A spoonful of honey is ok but people tend to add on 2, 3 or 4 spoonfuls which only adds on calories although it is nutritious, this is what I am told by a dietician friend of mine...

Yes, a spoonful of honey is what is beneficial...excessive consumption is harmful.

Quantity makes a big difference. A registered Naturopathe doctor decides the quantity of honey to be taken depending on the nature of your complant or the ailment.sometimes a mere drop of honey may serve the purpose.

Honey is precious; and more precious is the strenuous effort of honey bees. Figures say that in order to make one pound of honey, the honey bees have to tap two million flowers and have to fly about 55000 miles.

Very true..honey bees are one of the best gifts that nature has given us and yet we kill them and destroy their combs the moment they venture anywhere near us!

Not only Bees. Many small organisms like Ants and spiders teach us many things. Humans are not patient to learn the lessons offered by these tiny creatures. Instead we destroy them.

Its not just learning things from them, while it is true they have a lot to offer us, but we are far too important and superior to learn from them! :S :unsure: or else we would have left them alone. But at least fro the sake of their use to us in preserving our environment and maintaining local ecological systems, we should not destroy them!

It's the inherent feeling in the humans that, he is the superior among all the living organisms, that makes him refuse to learn the lessons from these tiny creatures. Had he learned from them, Tsunamis and earth quakes wouldn't have been there.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.