Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Other than the password , most banks also give a OPT , one time password which is supposed to make it safer for customers. After you finish your transaction , you are directed to the banks own site where you need to provide this password, without which you cannot proceed further....

That is a safe alternative. Also for Visa cards, you now need a special password which has been verified by Visa without which the banks cannot proceed with payments. So there are maximum security and safety measures actually being provided to safeguard our interests, provided we don't fall victim to false phishing calls or emails. That is finally, in our own hands.

Yes it is the same for Mastercard as well where you need a secure password to complete the process of payment....However, not all banks have this safety precaution and it is in ones own interest to at least change the password frequently!

Most online transactions do send a OTP to our registered mobile phones, this makes online transaction much easier and safe. However, some banks such as PNB make it mandatory to change their passwords on a regular basis or our account gets locked out.

Doing net banking transactions from home is safe because internet service providers are assigning dynamic ips to the system. So whenever you switch off and on the modem the ip will get change based on the DHCP concept. So hackers didn't get much information. We should be careful while downloading anything from internet. If it reliable then only we should download otherwise the risk is in our side. Updating windows is very important because most of the hackers are getting the chance of lack of security patches installed in a Personal computers.

True, what you said about //dynamic ips to the system// this is what makes our data safe.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Other than the password , most banks also give a OPT , one time password which is supposed to make it safer for customers. After you finish your transaction , you are directed to the banks own site where you need to provide this password, without which you cannot proceed further....

That is a safe alternative. Also for Visa cards, you now need a special password which has been verified by Visa without which the banks cannot proceed with payments. So there are maximum security and safety measures actually being provided to safeguard our interests, provided we don't fall victim to false phishing calls or emails. That is finally, in our own hands.

Yes it is the same for Mastercard as well where you need a secure password to complete the process of payment....However, not all banks have this safety precaution and it is in ones own interest to at least change the password frequently!

Most online transactions do send a OTP to our registered mobile phones, this makes online transaction much easier and safe. However, some banks such as PNB make it mandatory to change their passwords on a regular basis or our account gets locked out.

Doing net banking transactions from home is safe because internet service providers are assigning dynamic ips to the system. So whenever you switch off and on the modem the ip will get change based on the DHCP concept. So hackers didn't get much information. We should be careful while downloading anything from internet. If it reliable then only we should download otherwise the risk is in our side. Updating windows is very important because most of the hackers are getting the chance of lack of security patches installed in a Personal computers.[/quote

Many hackers lure the netizens by offering alluring programmes for free. One should not fall prey to these attractions. Another important thing is to install a reliable firewall. It acts like a sentinel and warns you. Don't leave the PC unattended after keying in information while transacting on the web site.
I completely agree with u sir. I too use net banking for making payments, doing recharge and lot more things. It saves a lot of time. Also it is very safe to use.

I don't think PNB has made any such rule. I haven't come across any such rule inspite of using their service for quite a long time now. They do encourage their customers to change the passwords regularly but its not mandatory
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I don't think PNB has made any such rule. I haven't come across any such rule inspite of using their service for quite a long time now. They do encourage their customers to change the passwords regularly but its not mandatory

Yes Jabeen, not all banks have this facility, although I wish it were so since it puts the onus on the bank to release money for the transaction only after you pass through this measure.It makes it doubly safe for the customer.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Doing net banking transactions from home is safe because internet service providers are assigning dynamic ips to the system. So whenever you switch off and on the modem the ip will get change based on the DHCP concept. So hackers didn't get much information. We should be careful while downloading anything from internet. If it reliable then only we should download otherwise the risk is in our side. Updating windows is very important because most of the hackers are getting the chance of lack of security patches installed in a Personal computers.

True, what you said about //dynamic ips to the system// this is what makes our data safe.

The entire transaction is purely cashless. The transactions are held between banks concerned. there is no need to handle money. in case if the transactions are made through ATM centers it is asked that the receipt of having withdrawn amount has to be surrendered in case of proof about the cash withdrawn as in some cases there are chances for the receipt of fake notes from the ATM centers. This is practically seen in some cases. Some times there are chances for the non receipt of ATM slips from the ATM centers. In such cases none could produce the proof for the amounts having been withdrawn from the particular ATM center and also in some occasions no messages are being received about the withdrawal of the amount. Considering all this internet banking provides more security and less tension.

I faced this prob,..a/c got locked out and the bank official said..we need to update/change the transaction password every three months..however for ICICI no such rule exists. It is up to the customer to keep the password updated from time to time.

Internet banking saves lot of time involved in physically visiting bank branch and waiting in queue.

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/5-reasons-you-should-use-online-banking-services-055415503.html

I always do it as long as I feel safe using them The best strategy is to generate one ti,e password while making a transaction.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Internet banking saves lot of time involved in physically visiting bank branch and waiting in queue.

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/5-reasons-you-should-use-online-banking-services-055415503.html

I always do it as long as I feel safe using them The best strategy is to generate one ti,e password while making a transaction.

OTP generation is the safest way..and has become almost mandatory for any online transaction.

OTP generation is the safest way..and has become almost mandatory for any online transaction.

It's not mandatory but an option, they always ask you whether you want it or go for OTP. At least I find the same with all online sites I deal with.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.