The portion of our brain that makes us feel pain has been discovered. This could be switched off to relive the pain. But is pain really not indicator of something serious. If we just avoid pain somehow- may be by antibiotics and leave the root cause uncured, things may worsen. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/science/Part-of-brain-that-makes-you-go-ouch-identified/articleshow/46560804.cms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=digest_section

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with  what you said. A pain may be having several reasons. Curbing it is not a solution . But, it may help those who are in coma and unable to express about the pain.

Feeling pain is indicator of something serious and wrong with the body. Putting a stop to feeling pain at all would pose a serious threat since life threatening conditions may go unnoticed.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True Kalyani. Pain is something  that indicates some hidden problem. If it is left untreated, may lead to serious ailments later when it would be impossible to treat.

But the article says that it would be helpful for those who cannot complain of their pain, like a person who is in a state of coma.

True Kalyani. Pain is something  that indicates some hidden problem. If it is left untreated, may lead to serious ailments later when it would be impossible to treat.

But the article says that it would be helpful for those who cannot complain of their pain, like a person who is in a state of coma.

For terminally ill patients such as cancer patient who cannot be given any treatment and are kept only on palliative care, this measure may prove useful. For coma patients, I fail to understand its relevance. Patients in coma are already in a state of unconsciousness where they do not feel anything at all.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

For terminally ill patients such as cancer patient who cannot be given any treatment and are kept only on palliative care, this measure may prove useful. For coma patients, I fail to understand its relevance. Patients in coma are already in a state of unconsciousness where they do not feel anything at all.

Absolutely.it's of no use for the People who are on the deathbed . But, it will be useful for the researchers to take the study to the next level.

Nice article.. That's sounds logical too. Without pain we can neglect some major health problem in our body.. So pain is like alarm.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

I think pain points for seriously ill patients if shut off can give them much relief. But other people, it is indeed an indicator that something needs to be set right. No pains no gains..in this context no cure found for an ailment.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

According to the link article the findings are the observations by Researchers. In the same article, it was said,  the source of PAIN are being explored. The revelations say it may help those who are not in a state of expressing their sprain.like a patient in coma.Here the research did not stop. The researchers are exploring and intend to find clues about the 'Pain Center' in the brain.

It will be a great relief if we can switch off that area of brain whenever we are suffering from severe pain. But after that we should be able to switch it ON, otherwise, in the absence of any warning signal during some painful situations, we may have to witness the silent death of our body.

Just now the research is completed.about switching on and of the pain centre, control by humans and all related matter will be known over a period.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.