Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Just now the research is completed.about switching on and of the pain centre, control by humans and all related matter will be known over a period.

Will that enable us to be more humans than we are now ....or the opposite?????

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Just now the research is completed.about switching on and of the pain centre, control by humans and all related matter will be known over a period.

Whether the traits of the Pain centers discovered  will enable the humans to be as we are now, or otherwise, will be known only after the researchers' final verdict, which may take time.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Whether the traits of the Pain centers discovered  will enable the humans to be as we are now, or otherwise, will be known only after the researchers' final verdict, which may take time.

Yes of course, it will take more time and more studies. But what I meant was whether it will help us become more kinder and gentler or will just turn us into more sadistic monsters!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Yes of course, it will take more time and more studies. But what I meant was whether it will help us become more kinder and gentler or will just turn us into more sadistic monsters!

If the Switching ON and OFF the pain is in the human control, there are chances of abusing it. It will be used by unscrupulous elements to make lives of their enemies hell. Thus making them sadistic monsters as you said. Every discovery and innovation that was aimed at the human welfare, is abused in some way or other. The invention of Atomic Bomb was not intended to create holocaust in Hiroshima and Nagasaki . But the Allied forces abused it.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Switching off the pain in our body can only be good at the time when we are going through some severe pain or it can be used during severe operations also instead of giving anesthesia.

But at the same time switching off pain will definitely have some bad affect on our body. As we all know that for having something we have to lose something. Just take an example of pain killer tablets, they give us relief for a moment but on the other hand those tablets are very harmful for our heart.

a.s.

Switching off the pain is perhaps will not be in the control of us. I think, it's only possible through medical inyervention and above all, on the Doctor's consent and knowledge only. These are my assumptions. Right now the researchers did not reveal a nothing pertaining to control over Switching on and off. We have to wait until the researchers' final conclusion.

Science and its inventions and discoveries are some times good for us and some times it result in really bad situations. But I feel that this medical innovation should only be used in the most critical stage only. Because our body is creation of God and playing with it just for getting relief from little pain is not a right decision.

a.s.

Everything related to this research is in the preliminary stage. Hence, it is better to wait till the research is completed and know the findings of the research.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.