Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

From the above thread of Chinmoy, it's evident that we should not expect rationale in our thick skulled politicians.

Not oly politicians but citizens of India must aLso see the things with a practical point of veiw. We must either avoid controvercial issues or see all points with a realistic view. Kalyan singh is neither the first person who has raised this issue but it will come up in future also BJP or no BJP.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Citizen education is the need of the hour in a democratic country. As the old saying goes, "Yadha Praja, Thatha Raja." is very much relevant. Unless the citizens are knowledgeable in choosing the Leader who can serve the purpose of both the people and the country, it will be a fiasco.

Citizens of this country are going to become more realistic in future and will consider everything based on merit of the matter. They will act ruthlessly on issues which we used to avoid (with an atitude of 'Chalata hai',  Bada aadmi hai',  Politician hai' etc.). They will not tolerate any nonsense whatever the status of wrongdoers. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The piece of evidence I have cited does incontrovertibly establish that the current thoroghly unedifying disinformation and misinformation onslaught is nothing short of ugly attempts to portray the great poet as a stooge of the British empire. What a way to honor him! We must note the fact that at the time of its adoption there were enough numbers of intellectual giants who consented to its adoption brushing aside all spurious and perverted criticism. If a few pseudo intellectuals arrogate to themselves the right of editing it that is crime. You can't change a letter without the permission of its creator. Why can't we scrap it altogether and let one of those pygmies or Liliputs of intellectuals write a new one reflecting the existence of nearly 30 odds states including two Telegu-speaking states and singing in praise of great politicians and their glorious deeds- practically speaking!!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

The piece of evidence I have cited does incontrovertibly establish that the current thoroghly unedifying disinformation and misinformation onslaught is nothing short of ugly attempts to portray the great poet as a stooge of the British empire. What a way to honor him! We must note the fact that at the time of its adoption there were enough numbers of intellectual giants who consented to its adoption brushing aside all spurious and perverted criticism. If a few pseudo intellectuals arrogate to themselves the right of editing it that is crime. You can't change a letter without the permission of its creator. Why can't we scrap it altogether and let one of those pygmies or Liliputs of intellectuals write a new one reflecting the existence of nearly 30 odds states including two Telegu-speaking states and singing in praise of great politicians and their glorious deeds- practically speaking!!!

Chinmoy, personally speaking I have always felt that history should be left alone even when it is against ones belief simply because we cannot change it. Demolishing Babri Masjid was one such act which I feel was totally uncalled for and the kind of unrest that one act has created within our country is something all of us know.Similarly, this is another issue that is unnecessary and simply not required to be given too much attention. As for writing another anthem, i shudder at the thought as to how it might take shape with all the inputs by our top politicians who are constantly on a ego trip...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

For sure mostly political person reach to post of Governor but after that there is no affiliation to any party still power exists.  Secondly, everything can be relooked in accordance with trends of time as we are now independent nation with stronger presence, The translated version of Geetanjali got nobel prize. This is not to demean the great poet. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

There is problem involved here. Writing a new national anthem creates a new problem. This is a country where THUGS outnumber the TAGORES. If  all the THUGS are included in the National Anthem, I'm afraid it becomes a full day affair. As suggested by Usha, it's wise to forget and throw the issue in the nearest Garbage can.

At this rate if next we have a third ideology come to power they will also like to introduce changes in our national symbols, songs etc. It shows how persons with small minds are elevated to positions of power simply because they could garner votes of a narrow base and today sit in judgement over patriots contributions. When Tagore himself has said that he did not write it for the British Empire, Kalyan Singh still knows better why he wrote. The PM will still keep his maun.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Knowing well about Tagore's confession on  National anthem, I wonder why Kalyan Singh raised this issue is beyond me.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.