Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

Superiority complex is always with men. They know very well that women are physically very weak. This is the main reason why women are considered as inferior human being. Even if women are physically weak, number of smart and powerful women are around us. They are capable to reach in higher authority. Some of them are arsing their hands against all kinds of exploitation. We can expect a better tomorrow.

Nature has made us different and with the intention that man and woman complement each other ! But at some stage man began to think that he is far superior to women and women put up with this because there was no education and enlightenment to make them realise that they were being manipulated because of their physical weakness ! Nowadays we see many ladies , well built and giving more importance to muscle building and take care of their fitness , which has helped ! 

Delhi high court decided in one case that a woman can be principal (Karta) of a HUF. I think it is step to give more right to women.

It is a step in the right direction although here in Mangalore we have a unique system practiced by a few communities where he property gets transferred to ladies, it is called Aliya Kattu. A lady gets her share and daughters share and and so on, but the boys get just one share ...For example, if the property is ancestral and there are many contenders , then the proceeds are divided this way - if a woman has 2 children with one daughter and the daughter having two children  and the son having two children as well. The lady gets her own share, one share for the daughter and 2 shares for the grand children through the daughter and one share only for the son , in total she gets 5 shares, whereas her brothers gets only one share . 

So, we already have this freedom , in fact more than equal freedom ! LOL..

It is real justice. Is this tradition is only in Manglore? not in whole Karnatka.

Yes it is only in Mangalore and within a few communities only ! Courts are very careful when such issues crop up because some false cases are filed by ladies to get maximum benefit !

Misusing of any law and tradition is very common, but we can't quite these Nobel tradition. If I am not wrong, in India daughters have equal right of in property of father.

MG Singh wrote:

One fact that cannot be brushed under the carpet is that women in the sub-continent are not given equal status. Both Islam and hinduism have failed to evolve like the Christian faith in the west.  A lot of this is due to obscurantist religious  leaders who are held in awe  here. I dont think this will change for another 100 years

this shows how much education is lacking in them. Mainly the uneducated people thinks that but i we got shocked when we come to see the thinking of today's educated people, yeah some of the educated are there in India who also thinks that women are minor and they are superior from them and some of them are who don't think women as human 

bhuyali saroj

MG Singh wrote:

One fact that cannot be brushed under the carpet is that women in the sub-continent are not given equal status. Both Islam and hinduism have failed to evolve like the Christian faith in the west.  A lot of this is due to obscurantist religious  leaders who are held in awe  here. I dont think this will change for another 100 years

Do you think all sects and segments in Christianity  have given women equal status along with men ? What about Roman Catholics and orthodox Churches that  did not allow women to become Priests ?

Babu saroj wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

this shows how much education is lacking in them. Mainly the uneducated people thinks that but i we got shocked when we come to see the thinking of today's educated people, yeah some of the educated are there in India who also thinks that women are minor and they are superior from them and some of them are who don't think women as human 

Very true, it is the mindset that matters not education in itself ! Dowry is demanded more by the highly educated grooms , so what use is such education which does not enlighten the mind of the person?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is true, in this man dominated society women are treated as a decorative object in the drawing room.

Babu saroj wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

A huge chunk of people are there who though highly educated and well placed professionally as well as in the society cannot give up greed of money. This reflects that they have academic qualification and certified position but they lack the moral education and inner enlightenment. That's the reason the society is suffering.

shampasaid

I do agree there must be equality in all feild but then why there is reseveration of seats in train,bus . why woman can go in gents compartment but men cant enter in ladies compartment, our law clean and clearly give give first preference to ladies then where is equality?

Ashish wrote:

I do agree there must be equality in all feild but then why there is reseveration of seats in train,bus . why woman can go in gents compartment but men cant enter in ladies compartment, our law clean and clearly give give first preference to ladies then where is equality?

Women are getting some consideration in trains, buses and some public places. This is to protect the ladies from unnecessary sexual exploitation.  Ladies are not safe in public places. Regarding their safety, the government have done seat reservation for ladies. Gents are not going to exploited by women, then why there is reservation of seats for men?  

The very fact that women need reservation in trains and buses shows the mindset of the society, that women are weak and need protection not superior and  pampered as some people seem to think ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The question of women empowerment and their right to enter any temple or mosque or church are interlinked with each other. But I want to comment on what the author in this link wants say and I agree with her.  The women in the Muslim community, with very few exceptions, are so downtrodden and exploited a lot, they are denied education, right to choose to their own partners, right to decide the no. of children they want etc. etc. the list is endless. Winning at those battles is far more important than having a right to enter inside a mosque.

I am sure there was a thread someone had posted earlier about a faction of women agitating to claim their rights to worship Lord Shani from the stone platform where women are banned to do so. What difference will it make if a woman is not allowed entry into temples or mosques or churches? Granted, it is not gender  equality, but prupose will it solve if they are allowed entry to such places. To a person who is truly of faith, he or she is content enough to offer prayers from the confines of her own home and will find God in other places too, not just in temples and mosques.

For an average Muslim woman, what she needs is her basic right to education, freedom of though, speech, deed and right to make her own career and be independent. Agitating for entry into mosques will no give her any of those, the people who are behind this provocation are the ones who want to take her focus away from the real issues.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.