Everyone remembered Steve Jobs for his innovations but no one remembered Dennis Ritchie, father of C language. Almost every software like OS, or many programming languages were developed using C language.

Do you think if there wouldn't have been "C" programming language then would these innovations have come into existence?

Just give a thought and share your views.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
the real fact is that programmers are always not given much importance comparing to inventors.

Vinu
the real fact is that programmers are always not given much importance comparing to inventors.

Could be the point but consider one more scenario.. Bill Gates developed MS-DOS. In other words, he programmed it.

Could be the point but consider one more scenario.. Bill Gates developed MS-DOS. In other words, he programmed it.

Bill gates is not only a programmer, he is a best bussiness magnate, author, investor. Also, i think he became famous after launching Microsoft windows OS.

Vinu
Today in this time developer is more famous than the programmers in computer science.
Today in this time developer is more famous than the programmers in computer science.

I guess there is not much difference between developer and programmer. both do the same job of writing code and developing a software.
[quote]Everyone remembered Steve Jobs for his innovations but no one remembered Dennis Ritchie, father of C language. Almost every software like OS, or many programming languages were developed using C language.

Do you think if there wouldn't have been "C" programming language then would these innovations have come into existence?

Just give a thought and share your views. [/quote]

I agree with Abhishek! Dennis Ritchie was indeed a pioneer, he was also the key developer of UNIX. He should be given equal recognition as Steve Jobs, if not more.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Everyone remembered Steve Jobs for his innovations but no one remembered Dennis Ritchie, father of C language. Almost every software like OS, or many programming languages were developed using C language.

I agree with Abhishek! Dennis Ritchie was indeed a pioneer, he was also the key developer of UNIX. He should be given equal recognition as Steve Jobs, if not more.[/quote]

But people tend to forget such people as time passes by... I am sure no one will remember Steve Jobs after 10 years
[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Everyone remembered Steve Jobs for his innovations but no one remembered Dennis Ritchie, father of C language. Almost every software like OS, or many programming languages were developed using C language.

I agree with Abhishek! Dennis Ritchie was indeed a pioneer, he was also the key developer of UNIX. He should be given equal recognition as Steve Jobs, if not more.

But people tend to forget such people as time passes by... I am sure no one will remember Steve Jobs after 10 years [/quote]

It is true, but I think media plays a huge role in magnifying personalities. Steve Jobs was lucky, I guess, that his death brought about a spurt of articles and news items in print and electronic media, but Ritchie's death did not bring on that type of attention. Also the fact that Apple is one of the major and most glamorous corporate giants make that much difference!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

But people tend to forget such people as time passes by... I am sure no one will remember Steve Jobs after 10 years

It is true, but I think media plays a huge role in magnifying personalities. Steve Jobs was lucky, I guess, that his death brought about a spurt of articles and news items in print and electronic media, but Ritchie's death did not bring on that type of attention. Also the fact that Apple is one of the major and most glamorous corporate giants make that much difference![/quote]

Yeah.. I agree with you
You will never know the reason for highlighting the Apple CEO so much after his death. It is may be due to Apple's popularity in gadget market, but I India apple gadgets are very costly and are not affordable. Still Indians are praising steve jobs. Innovation is always encourage and in that case we can consider IBM, Microsoft for giving us so many new technologies. Team role should be considered as any products success lies on many factors.

I agree that steve jobs was mainly involved in creating Apple iphone but without marketing that product may not be known to the world. The good thing about steve jobs is he brough Apple to top position after it went into crisis situation. However, I think if you read about steve jobs in his latest book it will give you more idea about his attitude. He has done nothing to India, in my view and sell products of less configuration with double the amount compared to US rates in India, is not admirable by any one. :dry: :(
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.