Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This thread is combining so many languages. This can cause confusion. A word in Hindi with good meaning may be abusive in some other language. I know some words of this type. But it is better not to write them.

'Patti' in this thread somewhere means' dog' whereas in Hindi, 'husband'. So, if you have both meanings in mind, husband will feel insulted.

No sir...pathi is husband.
'Patti' is pronounced similar to 'patti'in Hindi ....meaning bandage.

And I took it for chai, tea patti. Patti means leaf also. Onno tea patti kudo. :laugh:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This thread is combining so many languages. This can cause confusion. A word in Hindi with good meaning may be abusive in some other language. I know some words of this type. But it is better not to write them.

'Patti' in this thread somewhere means' dog' whereas in Hindi, 'husband'. So, if you have both meanings in mind, husband will feel insulted.

And I took it for chai, tea patti. Patti means leaf also. Onno tea patti kudo. :laugh:

But it's a Hindi word

Meera sandhu

But it's a Hindi word

I know that 'pati' in Hindi means 'husband. The other meaning in some other languages is given by someone else in thread above.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sir,
Patti in Malayalam means dog, it is pronounced similar to patti in Hindi, meaning...bandage
i.e. Patti....in Malayalam.....dog
Patti.......in Hindi.....bandage

Hoping your doubt is cleared now..... :huh:

Pathi in all languages mean husband :)

Also patti can be pronounced with a slight variation in Malayalam...(I think that can't be done/written in Hindi) meaning "something happened". :)

Meera sandhu
Sir,
Patti in Malayalam means dog, it is pronounced similar to patti in Hindi, meaning...bandage
i.e. Patti....in Malayalam.....dog
Patti.......in Hindi.....bandage

Hoping your doubt is cleared now..... :huh:

Pathi in all languages mean husband :)

Also patti can be pronounced with a slight variation in Malayalam...(I think that can't be done/written in Hindi) meaning "something happened". :)

That is why I sad that if you mix up meaning, there would be trouble. If you say pati- the poor husband may feel that he is 'dog' in malyalam.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

:( :( :(
Again...your doubt is not cleared. I will send a PM to Abid. He may help me. :)

Yet I will try my best...confusion occurred in the pronunciation......

Pathi.......in Malayalam and Hindi means.....Husband...
Patti........in malayalam.......dog.....Hindi......bandage.

'th' is used for writing 'tha'...first letter of 4th row and 'tt' is used for writing 'tta'........third row letters.....of Hindi alphabets.
I have tried my best :(
000203F6_2012-03-09.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
Yes...The problem here is that the pronunciation of same thing in different areas is different.I think Sandhya's explanation is enough.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com

'th' is used for writing 'tha'...first letter of 4th row and 'tt' is used for writing 'tta'........third row letters.....of Hindi alphabets.

Pati= Husband and another 't' make him a dog! Ende Ammo!{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6045]}
pig.jpeg (You do not have access to download this file.)
I don't know what to say....whole day, I was trying to teach the difference between pathi and patti......But couldn't make it success till now. :(

Meera sandhu

Actually husband in hindi is spelled PATI and not PATHI. as in south H is commonly used extra. But in Hindi Patti stands for bandage and Leaf.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.