Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
If you write poems, the thread will be too long and unmanageable. It will suffice to mention names of greatest poet in a language and his profile/ work in brief.

This is really a nice idea and we can know about different language poets. :)

Why can't you quote something.....Silappathikaram is a great work of Tamil about Kannaki.
Then Thiruvalluvar.... isn't it?
Many names have slipped from my memory. Why can't you bring them back?

Meera sandhu
Sandhya who is the person you told can you describe us clearly.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Sandhya who is the person you told can you describe us clearly.

Why can't you ask Kannan :angry:
I just know a few names of great poets of Tamil :silly:

Meera sandhu
First of all, let me thank you sir for starting such a nice thread.
My mother tongue is Malayalam. Of course Tunchathu Ramanujan Ezhuthachan is considered to be the best. He is that great poet who translated both the epics to Malayalam. Since believed, epics should never be written directly, he developed a new style in literature, i.e. Writing as if a bird is telling the story.....known as Kilippaattu(Bird's song).
Then I should never forget to mention 'Mahakavis' of our language. 6 poets.....categorized under two sections....Ancient and modern age...named as "Kavithrayam"

Praacheena Kavithrayam include Cherusseri,Ezhuthachan and Kunchan Nambiyar and their most famous works are krishnagadha,adyadmaramayanam and thullal(of different stories) respectively.
Thullal is an art form developed by Kunchan Nambiar where lines are written and presented in a comic way, of which ottan thullal is most famous.

Aadhunika Kavitrayam include Kumaranasan, Ulloor S.Parameswara Iyyer and Vallathol Narayana Menon..... of which Kumaranashan is the only poet who got the MahaKavi title, without writing Mahakavyam. His famous works include veena ppovu(fallen flower), Karuna, Chandala Bhikshuki and Nalini.
Ulloor's mahakavyam is Uma Keralam.
Vallathol's mahakavyam is Chitrayogam. He is the person who established 'kerala Kalamandalam' to save Kerala art forms especially Kathakali

Nicely done! I am a Malayalee too and I think your post speaks enough about our great poets. My favorite is Kunchan Nambira, his poems are very very interesting.
0011h.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
First of all, let me thank you sir for starting such a nice thread.
My mother tongue is Malayalam. Of course Tunchathu Ramanujan Ezhuthachan is considered to be the best. He is that great poet who translated both the epics to Malayalam. Since believed, epics should never be written directly, he developed a new style in literature, i.e. Writing as if a bird is telling the story.....known as Kilippaattu(Bird's song).
Then I should never forget to mention 'Mahakavis' of our language. 6 poets.....categorized under two sections....Ancient and modern age...named as "Kavithrayam"

Praacheena Kavithrayam include Cherusseri,Ezhuthachan and Kunchan Nambiyar and their most famous works are krishnagadha,adyadmaramayanam and thullal(of different stories) respectively.
Thullal is an art form developed by Kunchan Nambiar where lines are written and presented in a comic way, of which ottan thullal is most famous.

Aadhunika Kavitrayam include Kumaranasan, Ulloor S.Parameswara Iyyer and Vallathol Narayana Menon..... of which Kumaranashan is the only poet who got the MahaKavi title, without writing Mahakavyam. His famous works include veena ppovu(fallen flower), Karuna, Chandala Bhikshuki and Nalini.
Ulloor's mahakavyam is Uma Keralam.
Vallathol's mahakavyam is Chitrayogam. He is the person who established 'kerala Kalamandalam' to save Kerala art forms especially Kathakali

Nicely done! I am a Malayalee too and I think your post speaks enough about our great poets. My favorite is Kunchan Nambira, his poems are very very interesting.

Oh, another Malayali added... what a lucky week....la la la Hoping you are not Roshan Andrews :P . I doubt seeing your rain post

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6981]}
So, you really love Ottan thullal. Do you know thullal dance? ha ha

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.