Now, most kids are studying in English medium schools. They mug up what's given to them. Yet most of them don't know to communicate in proper English. Me too :P :P
Didn't you feel the need of a special class for communicative English at school classes itself? Why can't it be at least implemented in professional colleges since it will help students to attend interviews with self confidence later?
Didn't you people feel so?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Practice alone helps. There are many English language speaking institutes at Agra. Some of these are of national fame. But I find that these are of no use.

It will help to introduce 'communicative English' as a subject. Students should be encouraged to speak in English. The teacher may give suggestions at end of each session. Use of audio visual aids will be helpful.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes, of course. Actually schools and colleges are giving preference to academic topics and high result only. But if a few hours are spared for communicative English, students will be more confident. Also, there will be no need of spoken language courses in our society. Isn't it? When institutions buy high fees for studies, why can't they do this favour also to students?

Meera sandhu
It's true that a majority of them are weak in this area. What they pick up are a few slangs which could not be a substitute for effective communication
Yes of course. Yet educational institutions are not paying much attention to this area

Meera sandhu
Even i studied in English medium school from the starting but i could not communicated well till i left school. :woohoo: Thanks to my room partner in the hostel who did not know Hindi and used to speak in English only. :woohoo:

But that's right they should have that arrangement so that they may be able to speak it well like they write. :)
Even i studied in English medium school from the starting but i could not communicated well till i left school. :woohoo: Thanks to my room partner in the hostel who did not know Hindi and used to speak in English only. :woohoo:

But that's right they should have that arrangement so that they may be able to speak it well like they write. :)

Now proved...necessity is the mother of all inventions...even communicative English :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
Rightly said even me too taught him Hindi in that time. :woohoo:
Rightly said even me too taught him Hindi in that time. :woohoo:

But I didn't got any angresi friend yet :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Actually though I studied PG in Tamil Nadu, we as a group..talked Malayalam only. It's consequence.....many Tamilians and 1-2 teachers began to use Malayalam than Tamil.
So, we went to their native place and change their language..... :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer:

Meera sandhu
what ever you have said is right sandhya. But the schools and colleges which are present now a days they are just bother about their school and the marks and name. Not about these things.

when i used to study in 5th standard, that school used to keep a condition to speak only english. If anyone break the rule then they have to pay the fine.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

what ever you have said is right sandhya. But the schools and colleges which are present now a days they are just bother about their school and the marks and name. Not about these things.

when i used to study in 5th standard, that school used to keep a condition to speak only english. If anyone break the rule then they have to pay the fine.

But I don't think it's needed. We should respect our mother language first :angry:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.