Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Uttarakhand is one place I definitely want to visit, the other day on Fox Traveller, they were showing a unique holiday resort called Shakti 360 degrees Leti, situated near Baghmora, I think, please forgive if its wrong! it was awesome in the way the creator has inculcated the local culture and local way of living in creating the resort, and it also provides livelihood to more than 80% locals. Only hitch is, if I have to go live there I will have to wait until my son is a little more older!

I think you are talking about the famous hotel group with branches at high altitude, I had not been to that place but that should be Bageshwar near Almorah in Kumaun region of UK. You know UK is divided in two parts one is Garhwal and other Kumaun while Garhwal attracts tourists with religious point of view (Badrnath, Kedarnath) and valley of flowers. Kumaun is famous for green hills, Nainital, Almorah and many more. Both are as beautiful and even one year is not enough to go through the whole area. :)

Yes, that's the one, thanks for correcting, it is indeed Almora. Kumaun, I have read about, The Man-Eaters of Kumaun, by Jim Corbett!! Although I think 360 degrees Leti has resorts in Uttarakhand and Leh-Ladakh, other places I am not aware of!! Are you too from Uttarakhand?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

My favorite tourist destination are the hill station.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.