The topic is locked.
Sorry, am a little bit late. July 31st was the death anniversary of this Emperor of Bollywood music world. Let us all remember him in this occasion. :) :)

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8520]}
No doubt, he is my most favourite Male playback singer. Let us all discuss about his hit songs and your favourites. Mohd.Rafi+Romantic mood has given a lot of contributions to music world. Also Mohd.Rafi+ Shammi Kapoor combination of which 'Tumne mujhe dekha' is my personal favourite.
Sau baar janam lele, aaj purani raahom se, tum jo mil gaye ho, Aajare aa zara .....all are just extra-ordinary.
Let me tell you it's Shammi Kapoor+Rafi combination songs which attracted me towards Bollywood and made me an addict of Hindi songs.

Please share your favourite Rafi songs. :) :) :) :)

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am paying homage to him from my heart. I like his songs very much.He has a record with most playback still now.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
No, that award goes to SPB, before that Lataji

Meera sandhu
At first record was in the name of Lataji, for singing more than 20,000 songs.
Now both Balasubramaniyam and Lataji have exceeded 30,000 recorded songs.

When Guinness records was given for Lataji, Mohd.Rafi send a complaint to them saying, he has sung more number of songs than Lataji. It was a truth too. Yet, he didn't get that record.

Meera sandhu
When we think of songs, we think of mohd. Rafi. Most of the duets were sung by Rafi and Lata. In fact, Lata and Rafi were ideal song partners. Kishor Kumar and Asha Bhonsle were similarly good partners.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

When we think of songs, we think of mohd. Rafi. Most of the duets were sung by Rafi and Lata. In fact, Lata and Rafi were ideal song partners. Kishor Kumar and Asha Bhonsle were similarly good partners.

No in reality Mohmd Rafi sung most of the duets with Asha Bhosle. :blink:

I love his songs few of my favourites songs in his voice are "bade Miya deewane","Aaj purani yaddon","Main zindagi ka saath","Tum Mujhe yoon bhula","Ehsan tera hooga","Isharo Isharo mein" and many more. :)

I love his songs few of my favourites songs in his voice are "bade Miya deewane","Aaj purani yaddon","Main zindagi ka saath","Tum Mujhe yoon bhula","Ehsan tera hooga","Isharo Isharo mein" and many more. :)

Yes...in fact Ashaji sang maximum duets with both these singers.
Lataji has sung maximum with Mukesh and Mahendra Kapoor.

4 years Lataji and Mohd.Rafi didn't sing together for a royalty problem. It's sure, Asha was most benefited with their quarrel :P

do you people know why this quarrel occurred???

Meera sandhu

4 years Lataji and Mohd.Rafi didn't sing together for a royalty problem. It's sure, Asha was most benefited with their quarrel :P

Mohd. rafi was not bothered in Royalty. He would be satisfied to sing for remuneration per song. But lataji convinced rafi that he should accept royalty.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Mohd. Rafi is among the legendry singers in India. India would always feel proud of him because of his singing telent. His gift of songs to us and our future generations.
Mohd.Rafi is the legend of bollywood.He sang innumerable songs.

Sharmistha Banerjee

Mohd. rafi was not bothered in Royalty. He would be satisfied to sing for remuneration per song. But lataji convinced rafi that he should accept royalty.

I don't think royalty is for singers. Only music directors and lyricists deserve Royalty.
It's the same case of a doctor who helps a lady during delivery. Without the help of a doctor, it's very difficult for a mother to deliver child. But after that, is there any doctor asking for royalty :laugh: :laugh: . Child belong to parents only though the doctor help them.

Same is the case of singers. Real parents of a song are music director and lyricist. Singer just helps to deliver the song, rendering their voice. So, full credits of a song go to the other two persons only, not the singer.

Even if I consider Lataji as Goddess Saraswathy, I disagree with her stand on royalty. I am with Rafi saab only in this matter.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.