I was talking to a government official the other day who works for the education department in our state.While talking, he said about a job opportunity that was open and according to him since most of the applications were by male members, a lady can easily and definitely will have a chance to get the job even she is not the top qualifier ...I sometimes wonder,isn't this as bad as other reservations , whatever the reason might have been when it was introduced ?

Also, isnt it better to evaluate and change these bills depending on the present situation in the society ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is no need of any reservations based on cast, creed, gender, color, age or whatever. As long as one is competent and qualifies for a particular post does not need any reservation. Every one should have equal chance according to merit and qualification.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I oppose all reservation. Women should be given equal opportunities for education and employment. Unlike oppressed castes and communities, women do not live separately. They are in same environment as men. So there is no need for reservation. all that women need is a change in outlook and develop a gender free environment and abolish double standards that discriminate against women.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I also believe when we have the right to equality in the country what is the need for reservations! Every one should have equal opportunities. You are considering women the weaker section if you want to give them a job or seat by helping them through reservation.

Live in the present :)
The reservation system is being taken advantage of by the men in many villages where they use women as the front to stand for panchayat elections and then take over like it happened with Rabri Devi where lallu called all the shots...I doubt if many of those women have anything positive to contribute by themselves other than become a stepping stone for their men and their political ambitions...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No there s no need for reservation of women.Men and women should have equal rights.Both of them should be judged with their merits and qualification.

Sharmistha Banerjee
The reservation system is being taken advantage of by the men in many villages where they use women as the front to stand for panchayat elections and then take over like it happened with Rabri Devi where lallu called all the shots...I doubt if many of those women have anything positive to contribute by themselves other than become a stepping stone for their men and their political ambitions...

Reservation is of no help. What matters is merit. There are many women in all fields including politics who outshine even without reservation.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

No there s no need for reservation of women.Men and women should have equal rights.Both of them should be judged with their merits and qualification.

I too would go with that view ! I feel the same about caste and other reservations which eat up most of the seats in professional colleges leaving the merit students who are more deserving with very few seats...

Reservation is of no help. What matters is merit. There are many women in all fields including politics who outshine even without reservation.

Exactly ! all the top women like Indira Nooyi,Naina Lal Kidwai,Kiran Muzamdar,Neelam Dhawan etc etc have all come up only because they had the brilliance to do well and come up ....

There was once a need for such reservations but now it is no longer the case, much like with caste-based reservations. Except for handicapped and blind people, there should be no reservations in any job that are based on caste, gender, etc. Women are well educated, hard workers and sincere in their attempts at anything and are now at par with men. They can perform any job they want to with equal expertise as her male counterparts, so there is no need of reservation.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is not at all bad. It is good and done for the upliftment of females. In other countries, females are working at parity with males in each and every departments. In India women are considered as inferior and exploited mostly. The birth rate of female child is less compared to the death rate and population of males in India. This is one of the steps taken by the Government to remove backwardness. Female candidates are necessary in each and every departments. They are minority candidates.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.