If you visit big shopping malls, textiles, banks or jewellery show rooms we can see a security in the front door. Have you ever seen him taking rest? No!!! For each customer arriving he need to open the door and has to do the same procedure when he leaves..... I often feel pity for such persons, particularly if they are senior citizens. Do you people also feel the same? Do you think, it's needed? A customer can himself open the door and close it. He is not at all handicapped or weak :evil:

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Let the establishments do their job. They know what is best for their employees to do. The security guards posted there- even senior citizens- are for work and not rest. a customer is king. so, if he is treated like this why grudge? .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I often feel, it's pure business oriented...nothing else
But I feel it's an insult to senior citizens even if they are paid

Meera sandhu

Please do not be so emotional. The security guards, especially the seniors, are mostly ex servicemen. It is part of security to see or check everyone who enters. They have to see whether there is any suspicious character. By opening and closing door each time, they perform their job. They cannot straightway show that they are making a security check.

All establishments have to attract customers and give them facilities and respect as much as can be. They employ men who are paid for this. This is not dishonorable. Begging and crimes are dishonorable. work of any kind is not bad or dishonorable.

I also feel pity for those people.Really I feel very sorry when senior people serve us.But when they serve me to open the gate or in any way I just stop them and do it myself.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I also feel pity for those people.Really I feel very sorry when senior people serve us.But when they serve me to open the gate or in any way I just stop them and do it myself.

Such sympathy, pity and gesture will do more harm than good to the senior citizens appointed on security. If management notices this, the senior citizens will be sacked replaced by younger ones.

This is part of their job and they are paid for it.I don't mind it much.What mind me is they are paid less as it is a tough job to stand for whole 8 hours. :blink:Important job for them is to check security not opening and closing door for the visitors. :blink:
It is true that customer can open and close the door itself. If we do so then we are making a person loose his job. That's not fair. Let him and close the door. World is place of merciless people.

Please do not be so emotional. The security guards, especially the seniors, are mostly ex servicemen. It is part of security to see or check everyone who enters. They have to see whether there is any suspicious character. By opening and closing door each time, they perform their job. They cannot straightway show that they are making a security check.

All establishments have to attract customers and give them facilities and respect as much as can be. They employ men who are paid for this. This is not dishonorable. Begging and crimes are dishonorable. work of any kind is not bad or dishonorable.

Is it so...
I have never noticed them cross checking us :whistle:

Meera sandhu
It is true that customer can open and close the door itself. If we do so then we are making a person loose his job. That's not fair. Let him and close the door. World is place of merciless people.

I agree. There is only business interest in commercial establishment. If you show undue care for the senior citizen employed and show that he is too old for the job, management will surely sack him.

This is not isolated case. There are also senior citizens working as Coolies, Riksha pullers and oing many petty jobs. As long as one needs money and he has no source of income like past saving, interest or rental income or support from children, he has to work. Instead of showing too much compassion, we need appreciate their efforts of self dependence. Incidentally, i am also a senior citizen and still working.

I agree. There is only business interest in commercial establishment. If you show undue care for the senior citizen employed and show that he is too old for the job, management will surely sack him.

This is not isolated case. There are also senior citizens working as Coolies, Riksha pullers and oing many petty jobs. As long as one needs money and he has no source of income like past saving, interest or rental income or support from children, he has to work. Instead of showing too much compassion, we need appreciate their efforts of self dependence. Incidentally, i am also a senior citizen and still working.

I do appreciate and respect them a lot....it's not just a matter of pity. I can't tolerate senior people respecting us. there lies the real problem.
Also, they are paid low for such restless jobs. It's really hurting you know.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.