Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I used to write dairies. i would start from january and stretch till february (yes, stretch) i would write down who called me and what gifts i got on my birthday and then when it came to march, i would be busy in studying.

my parents never found my diaries and i had become instead, an expert in hiding the big fat books at home with ease..

heheh :)

Swetha Shenoy
Great idea,Arun! I too have a fond desire to publish one. Let me see how long it takes!

I hope it comes sooner than later. Would love to read your books. I have one idea though. Why don't you publish a collection of your poems you have already written.

Honestly, it won't sell much but then that is the case with all poems but you would have a book under your name and I am sure the feedback you get on the first book would motivate you to write the second one quicker.

Just my 2 cents :)

@Arun
I always love to see your regular presence in the forum and share your valuable experiences with us. This thread has already elicited a lot of responses showing how deeply interested members are in learning so many new things which might open up new vistas for many.

Now coming to using poetic prowess to dream of producing a book, I am pleasantly surprised that you have been following those stuff ! I have never thought of it as I maintain a dim view of my poetic work! I have plans to write on a host of other subjects strictly based on my experience,knowledge and comfort levels. Frankly, I am still learning and would try give it my best shot sooner than later and you involvement hopefully would make it a rewarding experience.
Thank you said by: Arun Jain
wow Arun, congrats man for taking this concept of book writing!!!

you know i wrote many stories and poems behind my homework books and i would get scoldings from my teachers that instead of finishing my homework, i would rather finish a story in the last pages of my homework! haha

well, arun, since you are writing a book based on facts, i think it is better that you publish it right away; because of the fact that the techniques of earning online will differ from today to those that will come out in the future.

I just thought probably the earning bug online has bitten you...hahah :)

way to go!

Hehe...I used to do similar thing. Whenever I used to get bore in a lecture, I used to write something.

And dear, I am writing 2 books..One would be related to making money online which would be a free book and the main book would be a fiction one.

I have already written many articles on make money online and have even ghost written a 60 page pdf book for client. He initially sold the book for $9.97 and now is offering the book for free for those who optin to his email list. My book is still his best converter :)

And also, the dynamics of online money making may change but the basic principles always remains the same. I treat my online activities as my business and I take care of them accordingly. Nothing has changed. It is still the same provide great quality, best service and earn money.

And yea, since you are such a frequent diary writer, why don't you attempt to write one. May be you can name it "Living Life with Shwetha Shenoy" or "The Tales of a Last Bencher" :)
First of many congratulations Arun for taking right step.

I would like to throw my experience as well, though with boddunan. This was with one of the author who used to publish quality articles here which got quick attention of a website owner. And what? He got an immediate offer for handsome price in $$$. Though it is not a book but rather a contract to write series of article on a selected topic.

In my experience, most of such success stories comes when you have good online presence (if you are looking to earn money online). It doesn't come overnight and nobody interested in such people who are not trustworthy. Copycats etc will always gets enough distance from publishers and if found they will get easily notified. So believe in yourself, work smartly as well as honestly. Your efforts will get recognized at some point.

If possible buy a domain and start your own blog. Write only top quality posts in your blog and do not give a chance to content which is found everywhere. My 2c.

I hope all the serious-minded members take due note of your views which ring so authentic!
Great idea,Arun! I too have a fond desire to publish one. Let me see how long it takes!

I hope it comes sooner than later. Would love to read your books. I have one idea though. Why don't you publish a collection of your poems you have already written.

Honestly, it won't sell much but then that is the case with all poems but you would have a book under your name and I am sure the feedback you get on the first book would motivate you to write the second one quicker.

Just my 2 cents :)

@Arun
I always love to see your regular presence in the forum and share your valuable experiences with us. This thread has already elicited a lot of responses showing how deeply interested members are in learning so many new things which might open up new vistas for many.

Now coming to using poetic prowess to dream of producing a book, I am pleasantly surprised that you have been following those stuff ! I have never thought of it as I maintain a dim view of my poetic work! I have plans to write on a host of other subjects strictly based on my experience,knowledge and comfort levels. Frankly, I am still learning and would try give it my best shot sooner than later and you involvement hopefully would make it a rewarding experience.

It is members like you who make me want to contribute and share my experience as I know that even if no one finds it useful, you would.

And I would be glad if I could be of use in any way. Always here to help :)
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Writing a book is very difficult.It needs lot of attention.Very good knowledge and a peaceful mind.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Writing a book is very difficult.It needs lot of attention.Very good knowledge and a peaceful mind.

It is very time consuming also. So, I prefer short stories and short essays. Small is beautiful. Readers also like small stories and write ups.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is very time consuming also. So, I prefer short stories and short essays. Small is beautiful. Readers also like small stories and write ups.

And once done with it the rejections if had can be frustrating too.

Live in the present :)

And once done with it the rejections if had can be frustrating too.

It's not at all easy to publish the first book, whatever effort we have taken :dry: :huh: :huh:

I have read many books of very low standard....that's why I thought, a different idea and quality stuff can get an editor easier. But it's not the case.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.