Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Good to read this! Best wishes to Arun and Sandhya keep trying you will surely succeed some day ..sooner or later. :)

I am in great desp, yaar.
After the second editor's rejection, I didn't even open it to complete the re-writing.
Actually, I don't think about it nowadays, keeping myself busy in forums.....

Meera sandhu
Good to read this! Best wishes to Arun and Sandhya keep trying you will surely succeed some day ..sooner or later. :)

After the second editor's rejection, I didn't even open it to complete the re-writing.

Do you know reason for rejection? I think editor must have indicated these. Please check this. Normally, articles are not rejected.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Do you know reason for rejection? I think editor must have indicated these. Please check this. Normally, articles are not rejected.

First editor told me.....my writing is not upto quality.
Second editor was Ok, with my way of writing and quality. But, he didn't like the story. He want something different ;)

Meera sandhu

First editor told me.....my writing is not upto quality.
Second editor was Ok, with my way of writing and quality. But, he didn't like the story. He want something different ;)

Rejections are normal. Don't get disheartened. If you haven't read about JK Rowling's book got rejected 6 times before being finally accepted by the 7th publication she send it to. :)

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: Arun Jain
I once thought of writing and publishing. During my matriculation, I wrote a novel in Hindi. But the manuscript was misplaced. Thereafter, I never wrote. I am actually averse to writing big articles and stories. Hence, it may be no longer possible to write length stories and novels.
I wish your venture a big success.

Gulshanji, with online publications you certainly don't need to write lengthy articles or stories. Here I am specifically talking about the Kindle market. You can publish book as short as 30 pages. Also, no need to focus on only fiction, you can write on any topic you want, self improvement, productivity, politics, etc.

Infact, the books that seem to do well on kindle have an average 60 pages, around 12000 words and are priced around $2.99

The only problem I see with kindle publishing is the formatting of the book, but I recently purchased an expensive software for it, so that should do the trick.

If ever you decide to publish something, you can always email me and I will help my best to market the book. Coming from you, I know that book would be quality. :)

P.S. This in no way is a sales pitch. I would do it for free ofcourse. :)
Yes, I know it.
No one is ready to publish a new writer's book. First thing they ask is, if you have published books before. Of more than 10 publishers I called, only 2 were willing to read it once.
When it was returned first time, I could find that they didn't even open that envelope. I was really surprised. Just told a reason for rejection that, it's not upto quality. Such a big insult.

Meera sandhu
I have a book in my mind, in fact I have written more than 70 chapters with almost 200-400 words each. My book is about the beauty spots of our own country with photos taken by my wife who is co-author (She dictates while I type as she does not like to use her fingers except on a camera or a set of Tabla)
I am planning to complete 100 chapters with 2-3 photos each and planning to have it published in shape of an e-book if every thing goes right. I have been working on it for almost 3 years while traveling allover the places but have come down considerably due to some unavoidable stoppages, which may continue for another 2-3 months. Hope to seek your guidance in to the matter when ready with the project. Thanks. :)

Wow, Suni you already have a book ready. That's great and the topic you have selected is easy to market. Most people are interested in travel and I am sure anyone wanting to visit India would find you book handy as it would be filled with pictures.

Anyways, let me know when it is complete and I would help you get the book published on Kindle platform.
Great idea,Arun! I too have a fond desire to publish one. Let me see how long it takes!

I hope it comes sooner than later. Would love to read your books. I have one idea though. Why don't you publish a collection of your poems you have already written.

Honestly, it won't sell much but then that is the case with all poems but you would have a book under your name and I am sure the feedback you get on the first book would motivate you to write the second one quicker.

Just my 2 cents :)
I am now trying a lot to publish my first novel. It's in Malayalam. Already two publishers rejected.....both of them found different reasons. Any way, let me try if I can get it published.

Kindle platform only allows English but still if you want to get your book published never stop trying. Force publishers to take notice.

Join some writers forum, publish a few chapters of your book on your blog and let readers crave for more.

And yea, if I were in your place and wanted a publisher to read my manuscript carefully. Here's what I would do.

1. Publish a few sample chapters on your blog (I don't mean free blogger blogs ok)

2,. Do some social media promotions, share with my friends, neighbors relatives etc.

3. Find out who is the locally or regionally known writer in your area. Find out if he has a twitter page or a facebook page. If he has, send him a tweet to your blog asking him to read your story. If your story is good enough and he comments, take a screenshot of it and submit that along with the manuscript to the publisher.

4. Publisher will definitely take notice of the recommendation and would atleast give your manuscript a careful read.

The rest depends on how your story is.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

This is nice Idea Arun. After publishing tell us also the available of the book.

I sure would inform you and everyone at Boddunan when I get my book published.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.