India's population in exploding day by day. Yet, Government is not bringing any law to bring it in control. In China, from the second kid onwards, they need to pay money to get his (identity) card, that is needed for everything from school admission to pension. i.e. By this way, they are restricting the no. of kids at least a little. I think such rules can be made in our country also.......at least for 2 kids, a small effort from Government's side. I know it's very difficult to implement, yet possible. What's your opinion?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Our governments have neither will power nor the courage to make it a law, not even discuss about it. They would loose major chunk of vote bank and immediately face the consequences.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

India's population in exploding day by day. Yet, Government is not bringing any law to bring it in control. In China, from the second kid onwards, they need to pay money to get his (identity) card, that is needed for everything from school admission to pension. i.e. By this way, they are restricting the no. of kids at least a little. I think such rules can be made in our country also.......at least for 2 kids, a small effort from Government's side. I know it's very difficult to implement, yet possible. What's your opinion?

Even if such laws are made, the citizens will definitely find ways and means to evade paying them.
On second thought, I think the scenario is slowly changing. Earlier where it was a norm to have a big family. nowadays people are more into small family as they realise the problems associated with having a large family. So, I think intensive awareness programme particularly at the village level would be more appropriate.

Even if such laws are made, the citizens will definitely find ways and means to evade paying them.
On second thought, I think the scenario is slowly changing. Earlier where it was a norm to have a big family. nowadays people are more into small family as they realise the problems associated with having a large family. So, I think intensive awareness programme particularly at the village level would be more appropriate.

Yes, it's true.....both my parents belong to families having 6 children each. But nowadays, we rarely see families with more than 2 kids. Yet, many parents are still there who want 3 kids minimum.

Meera sandhu
According to me, policy of China is not bad. Indian Government can apply this on Indians also.
According to me, policy of China is not bad. Indian Government can apply this on Indians also.

China had intensely followed the' one child policy' to curb the problems of over population. Paying extra money for the second child onward is a part of that policy. Though it has reduced the population considerably, in the long run, it has proved to be counter productive as it caused many problems like increase in divorce case if the child born is female, poor standard of living for middle class as the son has to bear the responsibility of looking after not only his family but also his parents, in laws, grand parents families etc Then there were other problems too because of which they have started making certain relaxation in their policy. learning from their failures it would be unwise to strictly follow their policy.

China had intensely followed the' one child policy' to curb the problems of over population. Paying extra money for the second child onward is a part of that policy. Though it has reduced the population considerably, in the long run, it has proved to be counter productive as it caused many problems like increase in divorce case if the child born is female, poor standard of living for middle class as the son has to bear the responsibility of looking after not only his family but also his parents, in laws, grand parents families etc Then there were other problems too because of which they have started making certain relaxation in their policy. learning from their failures it would be unwise to strictly follow their policy.

yes, I agree certain concessions can be given........for example: if first child is handicapped or has other problems
what am telling is about a law which restricts 2 kids per couple in our country. I think even a law is not there in our country which restricts kids' number to 3 :evil: :S :S

Meera sandhu
Law is not the last. We should feel it from heart that more than two is not good for their future to give them proper nourishment.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Law is not the last. We should feel it from heart that more than two is not good for their future to give them proper nourishment.

I also feel that more than the law that restricts the number of children, making a conscious decision by the couples to have a small family would be more effective. Awareness program and Schemes that benefits the small family can be taken up. I think in some states the Government has taken up such schemes. For instance, I read somewhere that the male are given some financial aids if they undergo vasectomy.
Yes there should be some law to control population may be then people would understand it. May be the way rates of essential things are going up day by day is a sign that government is trying out new ways to increase revenue hope so one day it will implement it too. :blink:
There are many reasons that encourage poor to have large families and the rich to shorter families. If parents give more importance to living standard and children education, they are likely to have less children. But when parents expect that their children will from very childhood start earning from employment in cycle repair shop, tea stalls and restaurants, there will be tendency for more children. The way to check population is to encourage more education, ban child labor strictly, encourage decent living standard.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.