Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree with Rajani that is the reason they should be killed as soon as possible as we can't leave wild animals to kill others. :evil:

I don't know what punishment should be appropriate but let us look deeper into the issue. As fever is not a disease but a symptom, a rape or other heinous crimes are just indicative of far life-threatening ailments of a very sick society. Have anyone of you gone through the statement made on a TV channel by the son of our President - a member of Parliament? I'm sure you would find it difficult to hide your feeling of shame!!!

Of course yesterday it was being discussed by all over the media - dented and painted ladies ! What exactly was he implying by that? I feel that he is stupid given the position his father holds, can he even think of coming up with such a statement and that too when the entire nation is shocked by the incident ! It is the height of stupidity or insensitivity or both!

I just cited one instance of insensitivity which characterized the conduct of the government and resultant flip-flop. If you put all governmental actions under the scanner - one thing starkly comes out. The government acted in panic with a guilty conscience. Any sane government would have first fired Sheila Dixit and the Police Commissioner to douse the popular anger. Our selfish ministers and satraps of the ruling party are all obsessed with their own security, leaving the ordinary helpless citizens to the care of rapists and criminals!

I agree, the only fear I have is that everything will be back to normal in a few months time and rapists may carry on as before and the government may also not bother too much about the issue.I have little hope from our politicians and the present day government...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with Rajani that is the reason they should be killed as soon as possible as we can't leave wild animals to kill others. :evil:

I don't know what punishment should be appropriate but let us look deeper into the issue. As fever is not a disease but a symptom, a rape or other heinous crimes are just indicative of far life-threatening ailments of a very sick society. Have anyone of you gone through the statement made on a TV channel by the son of our President - a member of Parliament? I'm sure you would find it difficult to hide your feeling of shame!!!

Of course yesterday it was being discussed by all over the media - dented and painted ladies ! What exactly was he implying by that? I feel that he is stupid given the position his father holds, can he even think of coming up with such a statement and that too when the entire nation is shocked by the incident ! It is the height of stupidity or insensitivity or both!

I just cited one instance of insensitivity which characterized the conduct of the government and resultant flip-flop. If you put all governmental actions under the scanner - one thing starkly comes out. The government acted in panic with a guilty conscience. Any sane government would have first fired Sheila Dixit and the Police Commissioner to douse the popular anger. Our selfish ministers and satraps of the ruling party are all obsessed with their own security, leaving the ordinary helpless citizens to the care of rapists and criminals!

I agree, the only fear I have is that everything will be back to normal in a few months time and rapists may carry on as before and the government may also not bother too much about the issue.I have little hope from our politicians and the present day government...

I too don't harbor any illusions on this count. Public memory in India is notoriously short in India but we have got to be optimistic. Even today I read a report of another scandalous incident taking place in Kolkata. A woman was stalked and attacked by two drunkards in the heart of the city with the state police head quarters barely half a km and what is terrible was that none came to her rescue in broad day light. She helped herself by dragging one of the assailants and got injured in the process! My head hangs in shame!

I too don't harbor any illusions on this count. Public memory in India is notoriously short in India but we have got to be optimistic. Even today I read a report of another scandalous incident taking place in Kolkata. A woman was stalked and attacked by two drunkards in the heart of the city with the state police head quarters barely half a km and what is terrible was that none came to her rescue in broad day light. She helped herself by dragging one of the assailants and got injured in the process! My head hangs in shame!

I think there was another incident in Kolkotta where a housewife was raped and killed and her husband who went to rescue her was beaten, she was later found dead in muddy waters..... This is not confined t any one city or region, it has spread all over India - either we are hearing it now because the police are at least registering a FIR or the rapists simply dont care, just go on with their criminal activities...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.