Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What would you do of normal belief allover the world that giving alms and donations in the name of God books your seat in heaven.

ya, it's true too..
many do believe that giving alms to poor book easy tickets to heaven :cheer: :cheer: :laugh: :laugh:

now I remember on story in Mahabharatha about a golden rat. how many of you know that story?

after the yaga conducted by yudishtira soon after this victory over kaurava (spending a lot of money), he saw a rat rolling over the food remains of the yaga and alms given to poor. but he became sad :( :( . at that time, pandavas ask him the reason.....rat told them a story.
years before there was a Brahmin family, so poor. one day, they got a little food not even enough to fill one stomach (in those bad days of starvation). suddenly a traveler came to their home and Brahmins see God in guests, according to their beliefes.."Adhiti devo bhava"
at first the master of the home gave his share, but it was not enough. then his wife and their kids one by one to keep their guest happy even though they hadn't eaten for 3-4 days. Traveller became pleased seeing their hospitality and suddenly he changed to a 'deva'. actually he came to test this Brahmin family and became well pleased and took them to heaven. (I think so) :whistle:
that rat was witnessing this event and as soon as they left, he tried to eat (or accidentally fall :whistle: ) the waste of that food. suddenly one half changed to gold. so, he desired to get the second half of his body also changed to gold. so, whenever he see a yaga conducted he will go there, roll to find if this particular one is as divine as the alms given by the poor Brahmin family.
this time also he desperately left the place saying, "it's not as divine as that one."

do give me a thank you as your alms if you like my story ;) :laugh: :laugh:

You have told :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: my story!!!

how? :blink:
Rat story or Ceem story? :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.