I have borrowed the title from the last sentence of the article of noted historian Ramachandra Guha and I enriched myself with the latest tidbits about Rahul Gandhi. He has raised a few searing and searching questions about our PM-in-waiting!! During his tenure of 9 years as MP he has been present in 4 out 10 days in Parliament in session and he has made fewer speeches and those too were drab and most uninspiring. Even on issues like deprivation of rights of Advasis, he rushed to Orissa for a day to be with agitating Adivasis to declare that he was their 'Sepoy' in New Delhi but has not done anything to replace the most archaic and dreadful law or act on land acquisition enacted more than a hundred years back. What do you think? Isn't he a boneless wonder?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have borrowed the title from the last sentence of the article of noted historian Ramachandra Guha and I enriched myself with the latest tidbits about Rahul Gandhi. He has raised a few searing and searching questions about our PM-in-waiting!! During his tenure of 9 years as MP he has been present in 4 out 10 days in Parliament in session and he has made fewer speeches and those too were drab and most uninspiring. Even on issues like deprivation of rights of Advasis, he rushed to Orissa for a day to be with agitating Adivasis to declare that he was their 'Sepoy' in New Delhi but has not done anything to replace the most archaic and dreadful law or act on land acquisition enacted more than a hundred years back. What do you think? Isn't he a boneless wonder?

I definitely do not think so....According to a poll conducted by Times group more than 30% were voting for Narendra Modi as PM and even Vajpayee seems to have got more votes than Rahul Gandhi ! The Congress is simply thrusting him on the nation

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I definitely do not think so....According to a poll conducted by Times group more than 30% were voting for Narendra Modi as PM and even Vajpayee seems to have got more votes than Rahul Gandhi ! The Congress is simply thrusting him on the nation

Of all things that have been happening in India, one thing I feel sure about is the maturity of our youth brigade. However wildly these boot-lickers, satraps and lackeys drum up support for him, the educated youths of India are sufficiently capable of sifting grain from the chaff!!!

Of all things that have been happening in India, one thing I feel sure about is the maturity of our youth brigade. However wildly these boot-lickers, satraps and lackeys drum up support for him, the educated youths of India are sufficiently capable of sifting grain from the chaff!!!

Very true, the youngsters these days are a smart lot and very independent thinking, so I doubt if they could be so easily manipulated by the politicians...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very true, the youngsters these days are a smart lot and very independent thinking, so I doubt if they could be so easily manipulated by the politicians...

I remember just before the last election he made a big show of visiting Maharashtra to meet the families of farmers who committed suicides and amongst much fanfare and media publicity had meals with them in their jhuggis and what not! He never returned there and did not do even a single thing from all that he promised them!

But I do have hopes in the youth and think they are wise enough not to be fooled by these people any more. Yet I am worried about the excessive populations of certain backgrounds and communities who happen to congress's largest vote bank! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Personality cult and allegiance to family and individuals is character of most political parties. Congress is no option. We cannot think of DMK without Karunanidhi and family, Samajvadi Party without Mulalyam singh and family, Bahujan Samaj party without Mayavati, Trinmool congress without Mamata Banerjee, Shiv Sena without Thakre family. Family and personality cult is character of people and this is reflected in political parties. I don't think we should single out Congress. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Personality cult and allegiance to family and individuals is character of most political parties. Congress is no option. We cannot think of DMK without Karunanidhi and family, Samajvadi Party without Mulalyam singh and family, Bahujan Samaj party without Mayavati, Trinmool congress without Mamata Banerjee, Shiv Sena without Thakre family. Familt and personality cult is character of people and this is reflected in political parties. I don't think we should single out Congress. .

At the outset let me make the point that this thread is not about dynastic politics which incidentally is a fiction created by the Gandhi family and is being replicated by other families. I have already mentioned Ramachandra Guha's article which has thrown up this valid question. When someone is a public person and who is being assiduosly projected as the only hope of this country in terms of leadership, his performance is bound to come under public scrutiny and nine years as MP - a fairly long time to assess a person. Mr. Guha has raised a few other uncomfortable questions and the one which is relevant is Mr. Gandhi's aversion to join the cabinet and assume governmental responsibilities. If he feels so genuinely and sincerely about improving the lot of rural farmers he could have become Minister for Rural Development and started taking initiatives for it but he has been shunning it for no valid reasons. Power without responsibilities is a dangerous thing. Although he is not holding any official post but enjoying tremendous power. It is worth making the point here that Manmohan Singh might have taken certain decisions inspiration of which might have come from Sonia Gandhi and funnily he has been at the centre of criticism when those decisions proved disastrous!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
B) Not at all he is not suitable and capable to be Prime minister of India. He is here because he is from Nehru Gandhi Family. Priyanka is better than Rahul.
I have borrowed the title from the last sentence of the article of noted historian Ramachandra Guha anaad I enriched myself with the latest tidbits about Rahul Gandhi. He has raised a few searing and searching questions about our PM-in-waiting!! During his tenure of 9 years as MP he has been present in 4 out 10 days in Parliament in session and he has made fewer speeches and those too were drab and most uninspiring. Even on issues like deprivation of rights of Advasis, he rushed to Orissa for a day to be with agitating Adivasis to declare that he was their 'Sepoy' in New Delhi but has not done anything to replace the most archaic and dreadful law or act on land acquisition enacted more than a hundred years back. What do you think? Isn't he a boneless wonder?
B) It is right that personality cult and allegiance to family and individual is common in more over parties. But congress is some differ from other parties like BSP, DMK etc. These parties are Private limited companies. Congress have some brillient and intelligent politicians.
Personality cult and allegiance to family and individuals is character of most political parties. Congress is no option. We cannot think of DMK without Karunanidhi and family, Samajvadi Party without Mulalyam singh and family, Bahujan Samaj party without Mayavati, Trinmool congress without Mamata Banerjee, Shiv Sena without Thakre family. Familt and personality cult is character of people and this is reflected in political parties. I don't think we should single out Congress. .
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
B) I am agree with you, person who have not own vision own words how a country will safe is his hand. Congress have spme more leaders who are better than Rahul.

I think we require good leader and this time Only Narendra Modi is good leader and its general opinion. Rahul could be good but he need to prove himself by doing some good work like Narendra Modi has done in Gujarat.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.