Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Glad to know that my birthday is associated with such an important day!! Thanks for reminding!! :) :)

International mother language day reminds us to encourage our mother tongue. My mother tongue is Punjabi but I can neiter read nor write this. Based in U.P., Hindi is more my language. I have written some articles in Boddunan in Hindi and thus, I am encouraging this.

I take an opportunity to suggest that the languages in Devnagri script like Marathi and Nepali be also allowed in articles section. Fonts of Hindi, Marathi and Nepali are same as all these are in Devnagri script.

Though not formally announced as a policy, I've seen one or two articles in Marathi in Boddunan site.

Same here my mother tongue is Punjabi as my mother was a pure Punjaban but my grand father settled in UP , Mathura and my father mostly posted at different places in UP being a UP government employee, I never got a chance to write or read Punjabi although I am fluent at speaking it. I am good at HIndi and I too have posted 1-2 in Hindi on Boddunan.
I have tried to read or write Punjabi but could not succeed properly. However I am satisfied that I can speak my mother tongue properly besides a few other languages.

Do you know Telugu also.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Today is the International mother language day.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10301]}

I never knew that there was a day marked for such a thing as Mother Tongue, how about Father Tongue? and what if both are different ? In my own case my Mother comes from Mangalore ( Karnataka) and my mother tongue is Tulu and my father tongue is a mixture of Malayalam/Tamil spoken by Palghat Iyers....I am fluent in both Tulu and Tamil as well as Kannada which is my state language,Hindi and of course English...

Your mother tongue is the language which your mother uses normally to talk to your father as well as you.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Glad to know that my birthday is associated with such an important day!! Thanks for reminding!! :) :)

International mother language day reminds us to encourage our mother tongue. My mother tongue is Punjabi but I can neiter read nor write this. Based in U.P., Hindi is more my language. I have written some articles in Boddunan in Hindi and thus, I am encouraging this.

I take an opportunity to suggest that the languages in Devnagri script like Marathi and Nepali be also allowed in articles section. Fonts of Hindi, Marathi and Nepali are same as all these are in Devnagri script.

Though not formally announced as a policy, I've seen one or two articles in Marathi in Boddunan site.

Same here my mother tongue is Punjabi as my mother was a pure Punjaban but my grand father settled in UP , Mathura and my father mostly posted at different places in UP being a UP government employee, I never got a chance to write or read Punjabi although I am fluent at speaking it. I am good at HIndi and I too have posted 1-2 in Hindi on Boddunan.
I have tried to read or write Punjabi but could not succeed properly. However I am satisfied that I can speak my mother tongue properly besides a few other languages.

Do you know Telugu also.

Same again. I can understand many south Indian languages but cannot read or write them. Although I can speak many other Indian languages but cannot write or read any of them.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Do you know Telugu also.

Same again. I can understand many south Indian languages but cannot read or write them. Although I can speak many other Indian languages but cannot write or read any of them.

So you are a allrounder In our site. :laugh: :laugh:

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Do you know Telugu also.

It wouldn't be wrong to call you a polyglot, albeit in a limited manner. That's great to have someone like you around.
We really proud to speak our mother tongue.I am from Kolkata and Bengali is my mother tongue.So I speak Bengali.But beside this now I had to speak in HIndi often with the people as I shifted in Delhi.But I think beside other languages Boddunan should give opportunity of writing Bengali articles also as many Bengali member are also here in Boddunan.

Sharmistha Banerjee
We really proud to speak our mother tongue.I am from Kolkata and Bengali is my mother tongue.So I speak Bengali.But beside this now I had to speak in HIndi often with the people as I shifted in Delhi.But I think beside other languages Boddunan should give opportunity of writing Bengali articles also as many Bengali member are also here in Boddunan.

it would be good if Boddunan provides an opportunity to write in all the 14 official languages of India.

it would be good if Boddunan provides an opportunity to write in all the 14 official languages of India.

That's a great thought. I don't think any Indian site has done that before. It will be a first in the history for the site. We all would be a part of that history. Please admin, get things going.... ;)
It is really good to see that a special day is meant for languages too. I think most of the languages are losing their important as at work place or for communication only English is used. My mother tongue is Telugu and inaddition to that i know Hindi, English and little bit of Spanish.
Yes Boddunan introduces such thing then Boddunan member will rock.And it would be a big achievement for Boddunan.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.