16 or 18 years back, when I was at school, I really loved Chillness of December. After 9 pm, we can't sit outside without a wrapped blanket. Similarly, we used to sleep till 7.30am in the chillness of winter. Till 7am or 7.30, the mist was clearly visible and we were not able to see even persons near. Oil remains in frozen state till 8.30am or 9.30. Mother used to heat oil every morning for kitchen purposes, as if she is heating solid ghee :laugh: :laugh: . Now those days have gone...no chillness, no mist or no rain......I have really lost those Decembers in global warming of our planet. My daughter may not believe if I ask her to read this thread. :laugh: :laugh: . It's lost forever. Can you quote a few such instances or moments that you can't expect to return?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Well, At our town we used to have river with full of water. And we used to have lots of fun around it. But since many years it has not water now, and I wonder if i can see the water again.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
16 or 18 years back, when I was at school, I really loved Chillness of December. After 9 pm, we can't sit outside without a wrapped blanket. Similarly, we used to sleep till 7.30am in the chillness of winter. Till 7am or 7.30, the mist was clearly visible and we were not able to see even persons near. Oil remains in frozen state till 8.30am or 9.30. Mother used to heat oil every morning for kitchen purposes, as if she is heating solid ghee :laugh: :laugh: . Now those days have gone...no chillness, no mist or no rain......I have really lost those Decembers in global warming of our planet. My daughter may not believe if I ask her to read this thread. :laugh: :laugh: . It's lost forever. Can you quote a few such instances or moments that you can't expect to return?

We used to make a bonfire of all used things in the chilli mornings of winter.. Now my son asks me, " "why on earth you should make a bonfire of used things when there are room heaters?"
Who can make him understand the beauty of sitting around the bonfire early chilly morns chitchatting with friends?
Yes that used to happen in our childhood. We used to sit together eat ground nuts sitting in the quilt, used to sit in Sun at the roof when we come back from school. :)
Well, At our town we used to have river with full of water. And we used to have lots of fun around it. But since many years it has not water now, and I wonder if i can see the water again.

now I also remember an irrigation channel of Government, that opens every summer and 2-3 times a year. It was done for agriculture and to supply water to nearby pond. But now, though the constructed channel is there, no water. They deviated the path from a place 1 km away from our place and sending water to the pond through that short cut. :( :( :(
In my childhood, we kids enjoyed those streams and fishes a lot. We used to sit there as if we were sitting nearby a lake or river. :laugh: :laugh: We loved to catch tiny fishes with our hands that time :woohoo: :woohoo:
All are lost memories now....But this thread has really warmed up my memories again :)

Meera sandhu
There was a stream near my house which had some water even in the summers and around a bend in the there was a shady corner with lot of tall grasses surrounded by stone cliffs, there were also some ducks always there. Me and my friend used to go to this place for quite readings! Now this place is all gone, only a small narrow cement canal exists in place of the stream and there are buildings everywhere! I miss this place a lot! :(

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

As a child, I would like to eat 'kachaloo' chat in Allahabad. Now I find this nowhere. Also no more swings on trees.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-aEO75ZCXQCmL_wMTYagtbDQckBbz4mWQDtKSgFw5kEjY_svi

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

One thing that used to please me a lot was my grandfather's letters. He used to send me letters every year till his eyesight faded and the last letter i recieved was "Dear Swetha, How are you?" and inspite of his weak vision, he posted that letter. I really miss my granddad

What i really miss is, writing letters to each other. When i was younger, i used to send inland letter to my friends just before their birthday and it used to be really wonderful when we recieve one just before birthday (or any occasions for that matter). I really miss having pen friends because it was fun decorating and writing the letters!

I wish i could be pen friend of Kalyani and Sandhya and also ceemji and gulshan ji :) If ram babu sir was my pen friend, then we will be talking in terms of drawings only! hehe!

Swetha Shenoy
One thing that used to please me a lot was my grandfather's letters. He used to send me letters every year till his eyesight faded and the last letter i recieved was "Dear Swetha, How are you?" and inspite of his weak vision, he posted that letter. I really miss my granddad

What i really miss is, writing letters to each other. When i was younger, i used to send inland letter to my friends just before their birthday and it used to be really wonderful when we recieve one just before birthday (or any occasions for that matter). I really miss having pen friends because it was fun decorating and writing the letters!

I wish i could be pen friend of Kalyani and Sandhya and also ceemji and gulshan ji :) If ram babu sir was my pen friend, then we will be talking in terms of drawings only! hehe!

Ram Baboo would just send drawings and no words.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Swetha, that is a thing even I am missing and to my utter dismay, I had totally forgotten that I used to enjoy writing and receiving letters until now when I read your post!! :(

I had some very good pen friends but unfortunately now after so many years, they are all lost! Only a couple of friends in England left, we write to each other but that number is also de3clining!

Yes, I would like to be your pen friend!!! :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

When I was in school during our summer vacation I used to take bath in our nearby pond and used to spend lot of time inside the water. Did swimming now I missed those days very much.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.