I don't know what to do in my country,
I'm a male graduate belonging to an O.C, middle class, Hindu family,
I have studied 10+2(intermediate) for 4 years, wasting 2 years in the name of two long terms, to get a seat in a private medical college for a rank which was below 1000, while one of my college mate got a seat in a top government college with intermediate for a rank of 17,000 just because he is an S.C.
And now we don't have sufficient post graduation seats in our country.
According to NBME report, 93-94% of the medical school seniors in USA will get into residency (our post graduation) every year and 45% of Foreign Medical Graduates will get residency positions.
When we see in our country it is only 10-15% students who are getting post graduation seats every year and with this we have reservations.
Our government remembers every one, Muslims,Woman, S.C, S.T, B.C but what about us,where should we go.
They don't even remember us at least at the time of elections, might be we don't deserve to stay in this country.
The only claim every one does is that we O.Cs are rich,are all S.Cs and S.Ts poor and struggling to live their daily lives and is there a single S.C or S.T who is rich and who refuses to take a seat in reservation category.
How many years more should we have reservations, another 100 yrs or another 1000 yrs, is there anything like a time limit for this or we should have reservations forever.
I'm not saying only about caste based reservations, I mean it about gender based reservations too.When they say men and women are equal in all respects why should women be 33% more equal.
I'm rich.My father earns 25,000/- per month after working day and night because he is not a professional employee.and he pays 5,000/- towards our house rent,12,000/- for my education loan and remaining 8,000/- for other loan he took for his business,and every month he will be searching for a person who would lend him some money for interest.
If I belonged to some other caste I would have got fee re embursiment at least.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Reservation on caste and gender based is definitely inappropriate. But even then there is ample scope in private sector and self employment in business and profession. Gender based reservation is only in parliament and is only at proposal stage and not yet implemented. So do not lose heart and go ahead with full self confidence.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Try to live with the existing conditions. No use of brooding over the matters that are not in your control. What all you can do is try to rise up to the Job market standards. India is not a country with limited opportunities. For a person who is ready to burn his mid night oil, there are ample opportunities. Cheers.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I have studied 10+2(intermediate) for 4 years, wasting 2 years in the name of two long terms, to get a seat in a private medical college for a rank which was below 1000, while one of my college mate got a seat in a top government college with intermediate for a rank of 17,000 just because he is an S.C.
According to NBME report, 93-94% of the medical school seniors in USA will get into residency (our post graduation) every year and 45% of Foreign Medical Graduates will get residency positions.
When we see in our country it is only 10-15% students who are getting post graduation seats every year and with this we have reservations.
Our government remembers every one, Muslims,Woman, S.C, S.T, B.C but what about us,where should we go.
They don't even remember us at least at the time of elections, might be we don't deserve to stay in this country.
The only claim every one does is that we O.Cs are rich,are all S.Cs and S.Ts poor and struggling to live their daily lives and is there a single S.C or S.T who is rich and who refuses to take a seat in reservation category.
How many years more should we have reservations, another 100 yrs or another 1000 yrs, is there anything like a time limit for this or we should have reservations forever.
I'm not saying only about caste based reservations, I mean it about gender based reservations too.When they say men and women are equal in all respects why should women be 33% more equal.
I'm rich.My father earns 25,000/- per month after working day and night because he is not a professional employee.and he pays 5,000/- towards our house rent,12,000/- for my education loan and remaining 8,000/- for other loan he took for his business,and every month he will be searching for a person who would lend him some money for interest.

It is frustrating to live in this country and in my personal opinion reservations are a curse to the nation - they are being manipulated by everyone and the quality of every single department in this blessed country is going down, no wonder people want to leave and go elsewhere there is no such thing as reservations ... It has become even more deep rooted with time because of the kind of politicians and rulers we have had .i blame Nehru family and congress party for this, since they are directly responsible for bringing in reservations and using it to their advantage as a tool during election times ...

However, as other members advise, the best thing to do is to do your best and look for opportunities wherever they are available,thats what I had told my children...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

No doubt it is duty of nation to give chance to grow to lower class. But reservation should for one time and only to one member of family.Provision or reservation is made in the Indian constitution to improve the financial condition of lower class. One one member availed the benefit of reservation it means his financial condition equal to OC. Government is also going to give reservation in promotion. What a odd situation when a junior became senior of his immediate senior..
I understand your frustration and chagrin because we all experience this same kind of biases and treatments over people belonging to reserved categories. I can imagine how hard and difficult it must be for you and your family, but all I can say is do not lose your heart, be positive and work hard to achieve what you have dreamed for yourself. It is quite true that there are not enough opportunities for truly deserving, they are mostly reserved for a majority of undeserving lot based on their castes, but there are ample opportunities for those who are willing to find a way out. So All the best!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

But, Kalyani, the problem is that no matter how hard one tries to remain positive. He gets hit again by this system. Our system is corrupt from the bottom. Only hope is the gen gap which i think will take another 20-30 years to bring the revolution. Keep praying till that time.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
But, Kalyani, the problem is that no matter how hard one tries to remain positive. He gets hit again by this system. Our system is corrupt from the bottom. Only hope is the gen gap which i think will take another 20-30 years to bring the revolution. Keep praying till that time.

Well yes, that is true Puneet. We keep getting hit by the biases but if we lose hope and confidence then what message are we passing to our coming generations? This is the main reason why majority of open classes people have migrated abroad and are still migrating. Only some make a noise of brain drain but do nothing to retain them here.

And still all is not negative, there are many patches of oases if you look around you. There are still many people from OC in higher posts, who run the shots. Also, I think if we are to create jobs for ourselves, people from younger generation should try to be more enterprising and do things on their own. Just being dependent on government jobs is not going to help anyone.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well yes, that is true Puneet. We keep getting hit by the biases but if we lose hope and confidence then what message are we passing to our coming generations? This is the main reason why majority of open classes people have migrated abroad and are still migrating. Only some make a noise of brain drain but do nothing to retain them here.

And still all is not negative, there are many patches of oases if you look around you. There are still many people from OC in higher posts, who run the shots. Also, I think if we are to create jobs for ourselves, people from younger generation should try to be more enterprising and do things on their own. Just being dependent on government jobs is not going to help anyone.

Agreed.. I don't say be negative.. but want to say don't expect much from it. It is just an attitude to keep yourself going.. Hope that will bring the change. And yes all is not negative because that is why India is still running with great organized chaos..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
The problem is we are too dependent on our system. If we keep whining over our issues with the system, we will not be able to achieve anything in life. I admit that our system has partiality over reservations but when you are on the losing side, there is no use in blaming the other side but you have to find other ways to win.

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
The problem is we are too dependent on our system. If we keep whining over our issues with the system, we will not be able to achieve anything in life. I admit that our system has partiality over reservations but when you are on the losing side, there is no use in blaming the other side but you have to find other ways to win.

We should learn to come out of the box and think. As long as we think what is obvious is the only solution we wiill not be better than a frog in the well. There are multiple solutions to a problem. You have to probe and explore that which suits you.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.