She was one of the most popular singers of the forties,fifties and the sixties. Every new singer including Lata Mangeshkar wanted to sing in her style. Shamshad Begum had a unique style of singing which though nasal was very attractive and pleasing to the ear. The legendary singer is no more having lived a life filled with achievements and glories. May her soul rest in peace....
She will never ever be forgotten by the music lovers since she along with K L Saigal was one of the first ever play back singers who enriched the hindi film music !
Some of her evergreen songs Saiyan dil mein aana re , Ada se jhoomte hue, Bhool gaye kyon dekhe sahara ,Aaana meri jaan sunday ke sunday, Khajra muhobbat wala...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
She was one of the most popular singers of the forties,fifties and the sixties. Every new singer including Lata Mangeshkar wanted to sing in her style. Shamshad Begum had a unique style of singing which though nasal was very attractive and pleasing to the ear. The legendary singer is no more having lived a life filled with achievements and glories. May her soul rest in peace....
She will never ever be forgotten by the music lovers since she along with K L Saigal was one of the first ever play back singers who enriched the hindi film music !
Some of her evergreen songs Saiyan dil mein aana re , Ada se jhoomte hue, Bhool gaye kyon dekhe sahara ,Aaana meri jaan sunday ke sunday, Khajra muhobbat wala...

An era has come to an end. She had a voice that cannot be imitated. Both Naushad and OP Nayyar used her unique voice to give an extra Zing to their immortal compositions. Who can forget that great Mughal-e azam's quawali, "Ghadi bhar ko teri nazdeek aakar hum bhi dekhenge."
May her soul rest in peace.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

An era has come to an end. She had a voice that cannot be imitated. Both Naushad and OP Nayyar used her unique voice to give an extra Zing to their immortal compositions. Who can forget that great Mughal-e azam's quawali, "Ghadi bhar ko teri nazdeek aakar hum bhi dekhenge."

Thats true ! Naushad and OPNayyar used her voice to the maximum advantage and gave her some of the greatest numbers ever !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very sad to know it. She is my favorite singer. Chod Babul Ka Gahr pe ghar aaj Jana pada.
Although she was not our generation singer, still a talent and big loss to the Bollywood :(

Article Writing - Practiced By Many, Mastered By Few!

Earn While You Learn :)
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/22424-get-paid-by-writing-interesting-and-effective-articles.html

Very sad to know it. She is my favorite singer. Chod Babul Ka Gahr pe ghar aaj Jana pada.

I too like that song from Mela...there are so many lovely songs of her that I have been listening to all my life that it is difficult to come up with one or two....I like her duet with Kishore Kumar 'Mere Neendon mein tum' and with Talat Mehmood ' Milthe hi aankhe dil hua deewana kisika ' and with Mukesh Bhool gaye kyon dekhe sahara lootnewale chain hamara.. Honestly, what talents those pepole had..

Thank you said by: rambabu
Although she was not our generation singer, still a talent and big loss to the Bollywood :(

There is no time frame nor generation for singers like Shamshad Begum or for that matter any of the legendary old singers, they remain evergreen !

Thank you said by: Rakhi Yadav
Yes there is no generation and no borders for music and singers, I can''t remember that i have listened her, hence i have to search the resources to find her CDs or DVDs so that i can enjoy her singing as well :)

Article Writing - Practiced By Many, Mastered By Few!

Earn While You Learn :)
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/22424-get-paid-by-writing-interesting-and-effective-articles.html

Thats true ! Naushad and OPNayyar used her voice to the maximum advantage and gave her some of the greatest numbers ever !

Its difficult to judge, the real contributing factor that made a song stand above the rest. For example, the quwali of Mughal-e-Azam, 'Teri Mehfil mein kismat aazmaakar Hum bhi dekhenge...'
It looks as if the lyric, the singer and the score are vying with each other to impress the listener. I feel like asking Shamshad, 'Kaahe Jadoo Kiya, o Jadoogar?'
And its time for me to thank you profusely for starting this thread

There is no time frame nor generation for singers like Shamshad Begum or for that matter any of the legendary old singers, they remain evergreen !

So true.People say time will make us forget things. May be true but not in the sphere of music. The more they are old, the more they become heady stuff, like vintage wine
She certainly had a charming voice. I enjoy listening to many of her songs especially 'Bachpan ke din bhoola nadena' which she had sung with Lata, Kajra Mohabbatwalla, Mere Piya gayee Rangoon etc.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.