Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
She certainly had a charming voice. I enjoy listening to many of her songs especially 'Bachpan ke din bhoola nadena' which she had sung with Lata, Kajra Mohabbatwalla, Mere Piya gayee Rangoon etc.

That's a wonderful song, you reminded me. 'Mera Piyaa Gaye Rangoon, Kiya hai wahan se telephone, Tu,hari Yaad satataati Haii."
She certainly had a charming voice. I enjoy listening to many of her songs especially 'Bachpan ke din bhoola nadena' which she had sung with Lata, Kajra Mohabbatwalla, Mere Piya gayee Rangoon etc.

All wonderful songs Jabeen, adding some more melodies of Shamshad Begum - Leke pehla pehla pyar from CID, Dekh chand ke aur from Aag, Aaj suhani raat re from Naya Anadaz...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Usha

I never thought of her age. In fact I came to know about her age from the obituary in the newspapers but what I distinctly remember is her mesmerizing duet with another legendary singer Md. Rafi the lyrics of which are not coming to my mind right now and I was truly captivated as a young boy in the late seventies!! A great singer with versatility of a divine kind! My profound respects to her!
Thank you said by: usha manohar
She was contributed to Bollywood music for more than four decades.
She was one of the great singer of her time.

Be positive
@Usha

I never thought of her age. In fact I came to know about her age from the obituary in the newspapers but what I distinctly remember is her mesmerizing duet with another legendary singer Md. Rafi the lyrics of which are not coming to my mind right now and I was truly captivated as a young boy in the late seventies!! A great singer with versatility of a divine kind! My profound respects to her!

She was one of the greatest singers ever ! I am trying to guess the song - Was it Ada se jhoomthe hue or Leke pehla pehla pyar or Thandi hawayein khali ghatayein...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I heard the news last night and I was really sad. If there is one name that is as great as Lata Mangeshkar (or even bigger for that matter), it has to be Shamshad Begum.
Yes she was a legendary singer. She had a unique voice. I always like her song " Kajra Mohabbat wala" . She was 94 years old. :)

May her soul rest in peace. :blink:
Shmsad Begum will always be remembered for her best and popular songs. Many songs were once on lips of everyone.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Shmsad Begum will always be remembered for her best and popular songs. Many songs were once on lips of everyone.

The best part of it is Shamshad Begum was not only famous for her songs sung in her inimitable voice, but also a favourite for many of the famous music directors of yesteryear like Naushad, O.P. Nayyar to name a few.
NoorJehan and Shamshad Begum were two of the oldest singers who command a lot of respect and popularity with music lovers. I make it a point to educate my children on all the old singers since my mother introduced me to Shamshad begum and others of that generation, and now of course I know about all the old singers and composers and hope this interest gets passed on to the future generations as well..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.