Once upon a time before India become a country, were just a bunch of states/small kingdoms constantly warring against each other. One fine day we realized that we needed to unite and to shed petty differences, which would be good for all states/kingdoms. It was then that we united and became a 'nation' or country. The same process happened in other countries as well. Now we see that the same thing is happening nation to nation. Nations continue to war against nations based on petty differences. Wouldn't it be good if all the countries of the world unite, just as small states once united to form a nation? Wouldn't it be good if all countries unite under a 'one world government'? this would lead to peace worldwide and solve a lot of problems that we see today. Do you think this concept is utopia?

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree. That is why I favor 'one humanity' in my profile. The concept is not Utopian. We shall have national governments also just as now we have central government, state governments and local bodies. The world government will be just above these for dealing with international matters. The existing United Nations Organization is also loosely speaking world government. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The idea does sound quite idealistic and Utopian and that is the problem. A perfect Utopia does not exist. While the idea of one humanity and one world etc is attractive, it is practically, feasibly impossible. To begin with, the problem is its diversity, each country has its own set of cultural values, ethnic values etc. which, no matter how hard a person from outside may try to understand, those values will remain alien to him. So it is practically impossible to have such a Utopia.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The idea does sound quite idealistic and Utopian and that is the problem. A perfect Utopia does not exist. While the idea of one humanity and one world etc is attractive, it is practically, feasibly impossible. To begin with, the problem is its diversity, each country has its own set of cultural values, ethnic values etc. which, no matter how hard a person from outside may try to understand, those values will remain alien to him. So it is practically impossible to have such a Utopia.

The idea is workable. The world government will not manage the local affairs. Even now, There is three tier system- Union government, State government and local bodies- all these have different jurisdiction. There can be one more government for the world. already U.N.O. is a type of government. The world government will deal only with international matter. Even now we abide by international law in matters of international trade, logistics, human rights etc.

I like your idea but there are many people who would never agree to your suggestion. Some would feel to proudly of their own cultures and lifestyles while some others would think that they would be treated shabbily. Besides there are many technical difficulties in implementing the idea. And do you know that this is only man that hates man otherwise animals from all over the world can live under the same zoo management.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The idea is workable. The world government will not manage the local affairs. Even now, There is three tier system- Union government, State government and local bodies- all these have different jurisdiction. There can be one more government for the world. already U.N.O. is a type of government. The world government will deal only with international matter. Even now we abide by international law in matters of international trade, logistics, human rights etc.

Abiding by international laws wherever they are concerned is okay, but being ruled by one law for the entire globe cannot be workable in the near future. If at all, it will take at least 50 years to make it workable, for the simple reason that the developing countries or the third world countries are lagging at least 50 years behind the developed countries in some places they are even more behind than 50. A simple example is here in India itself. We pride ourselves to be the second largest democracy in the world but some of our own states in the North East are completely uncared for and being ignored in a rather crude manner. There are similar examples in other countries as well. When such an example exists in our own country, we can never hope for a uniform set of laws and a single government for the entire world!

Abiding by international laws wherever they are concerned is okay, but being ruled by one law for the entire globe cannot be workable in the near future. If at all, it will take at least 50 years to make it workable, for the simple reason that the developing countries or the third world countries are lagging at least 50 years behind the developed countries in some places they are even more behind than 50. A simple example is here in India itself. We pride ourselves to be the second largest democracy in the world but some of our own states in the North East are completely uncared for and being ignored in a rather crude manner. There are similar examples in other countries as well. When such an example exists in our own country, we can never hope for a uniform set of laws and a single government for the entire world!

There can not be a unitary world government with all powers. India itself is a quasi federal state whereas U.S.A. is federal state. The world government can be only for common international matters only. In the past, there was no international body. Later there was League of Nations. This followed with U.N.O. World government may be next. This is now just an idea that may take concrete shape some day- may be distant future.

There can not be a unitary world government with all powers. India itself is a quasi federal state whereas U.S.A. is federal state. The world government can be only for common international matters only. In the past, there was no international body. Later there was League of Nations. This followed with U.N.O. World government may be next. This is now just an idea that may take concrete shape some day- may be distant future.

That is exactly the thing, there can only be a single government for certain matters and not all. There is already the UN and their own set of laws that all nations must comply with and yet many countries often defy them on several occasions and obey them as per their own convenience. But we can hope for such a government in the future but it will only happen when all nations are EQUALLY willing and are not forced them against their will. In such event, there will be no use of such a body.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I agree. That is why I favor 'one humanity' in my profile. The concept is not Utopian. We shall have national governments also just as now we have central government, state governments and local bodies. The world government will be just above these for dealing with international matters. The existing United Nations Organization is also loosely speaking world government. .

UNO is not a world government, it is pawn of five nations.

UNO is not a world government, it is pawn of five nations.

It may be a pawn of five nations but the idea is of a government that will function like UNO but with more fairness!

Well, I feel that if a one world government comes into existence it can look into issues like attack of one country by another, war and aggression and dominance on one country by another, global terrorism, impact of worldwide pollution on the planet and steps to save the planet, scanning the policies of all nations as per international laws to see if they are complying with international rules, eradication of poverty in undeveloped countries, developing schemes which will make migration of people from highly populated countries to scarcely populated countries easier so that there is a uniform population worldwide etc. All these are major issues these days. People say that the UNO is a body looking into such things, but the UN is a powerless body and not an international or one world government.

Mala Jaiswar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.