Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The idea does sound quite idealistic and Utopian and that is the problem. A perfect Utopia does not exist. While the idea of one humanity and one world etc is attractive, it is practically, feasibly impossible. To begin with, the problem is its diversity, each country has its own set of cultural values, ethnic values etc. which, no matter how hard a person from outside may try to understand, those values will remain alien to him. So it is practically impossible to have such a Utopia.

I agree, it is simply not possible to have one world government since there are too many diversities that gives rise to complications...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree. That is why I favor 'one humanity' in my profile. The concept is not Utopian. We shall have national governments also just as now we have central government, state governments and local bodies. The world government will be just above these for dealing with international matters. The existing United Nations Organization is also loosely speaking world government. .

UNO is not a world government, it is pawn of five nations.

It may be a pawn of five nations but the idea is of a government that will function like UNO but with more fairness!

It is not possible. Some country of world not believed in democracy.
I agree. That is why I favor 'one humanity' in my profile. The concept is not Utopian. We shall have national governments also just as now we have central government, state governments and local bodies. The world government will be just above these for dealing with international matters. The existing United Nations Organization is also loosely speaking world government. .

UNO is not a world government, it is pawn of five nations.

It may be a pawn of five nations but the idea is of a government that will function like UNO but with more fairness!

It is not possible. Some country of world not believed in democracy.

That is what I have already said in my earlier posts!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: anil
The idea does sound quite idealistic and Utopian and that is the problem. A perfect Utopia does not exist. While the idea of one humanity and one world etc is attractive, it is practically, feasibly impossible. To begin with, the problem is its diversity, each country has its own set of cultural values, ethnic values etc. which, no matter how hard a person from outside may try to understand, those values will remain alien to him. So it is practically impossible to have such a Utopia.

I agree, it is simply not possible to have one world government since there are too many diversities that gives rise to complications...

True..... even in a single state or even a city or a town, there are too many diversities pertaining to culture, religion etc. that will not allow the groups to mix homogeneously with each other. so thinking of doing that on a global scale is a merely fantastic dream. But what we can try to do as one is to strive for a more tolerant attitude towards other countries. But then again, barring a few countries in the world that do not subscribe to the democratic philosophy, there are other countries, both in the developed and developing countries, that base major part of their economic growth on weapons industry, so how can unity in the world be ever possible?

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Well, I feel that if a one world government comes into existence it can look into issues like attack of one country by another, war and aggression and dominance on one country by another, global terrorism, impact of worldwide pollution on the planet and steps to save the planet, scanning the policies of all nations as per international laws to see if they are complying with international rules, eradication of poverty in undeveloped countries, developing schemes which will make migration of people from highly populated countries to scarcely populated countries easier so that there is a uniform population worldwide etc. All these are major issues these days. People say that the UNO is a body looking into such things, but the UN is a powerless body and not an international or one world government.

UNO gets strength from member states only. UNO also enforces its decisions on defaulter countries by economic sanctions. Also in extreme cases, even military action is taken by UNO. Security council may recommend even military action in a country when there is gross human rights violation. UNO has taken action in many places. Indian army has also sent troops as contingent of United Nations Forces at several places.

You may compare our central government to U.N.O. The relation between central government and state governments may be compared to that between UNO and national government. Most plans and projects, law and order, education, social welfare schemes are implemented by state government whereas central government has direct responsibility for defence, foreign affairs, currency management.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Once upon a time before India become a country, were just a bunch of states/small kingdoms constantly warring against each other. One fine day we realized that we needed to unite and to shed petty differences, which would be good for all states/kingdoms. It was then that we united and became a 'nation' or country. The same process happened in other countries as well. Now we see that the same thing is happening nation to nation. Nations continue to war against nations based on petty differences. Wouldn't it be good if all the countries of the world unite, just as small states once united to form a nation? Wouldn't it be good if all countries unite under a 'one world government'? this would lead to peace worldwide and solve a lot of problems that we see today. Do you think this concept is utopia?

I wish we could have one but judging by present state of affairs I don't harbor any such "Utopian" hopes! If Koreans divided under two nations with one threatening the other with nuclear annihilation how can we entertain such grandiose aspirations? I think the biggest hurdle lying on this path is politics and politicians!!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Once upon a time before India become a country, were just a bunch of states/small kingdoms constantly warring against each other. One fine day we realized that we needed to unite and to shed petty differences, which would be good for all states/kingdoms. It was then that we united and became a 'nation' or country. The same process happened in other countries as well. Now we see that the same thing is happening nation to nation. Nations continue to war against nations based on petty differences. Wouldn't it be good if all the countries of the world unite, just as small states once united to form a nation? Wouldn't it be good if all countries unite under a 'one world government'? this would lead to peace worldwide and solve a lot of problems that we see today. Do you think this concept is utopia?

I wish we could have one but judging by present state of affairs I don't harbor any such "Utopian" hopes! If Koreans divided under two nations with one threatening the other with nuclear annihilation how can we entertain such grandiose aspirations? I think the biggest hurdle lying on this path is politics and politicians!!

Exactly! The biggest hurdle in general for achieving harmonious relations in the world is politics and politicians and also the economy that plays a great role. But what needs to be really done is follow the example of Germany who were mature enough to not let the great wall divide their souls and their country and worked hard to finally bring that wall down!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.