Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10722]}

When it comes to philanthropy Tatas are so different ! They do it so silently with such dignity!

It is heart warming to hear this, Tatas have always done things with a lot of class and dignity , comes with generations of breeding I guess !I wonder what is happening with all the adored stars and cricket players who have been making pots of money ....

They are busy routing for Sanjay Dutts and Salman Khans and the cricketers are busy partying now that they have won the Champion's Trophy!

But I have a valid question, it is a very good thing that all people are pooling in for the relief funds for Uttarakhand victims, but what HAS happened to the original Rs. 7000 crore that was already set aside by the government as disaster relief fund in case such an eventuality arose??

That really is a million dollar question, wonder how much of that money would reach the victims and how much into swiss bank vaults ...

Please ask this question using RTI. In spite of corruption, government accounts are not like that of a proprietary grocery shop. All withdrawals have to be accounted for.

So if that is the case, how come swiss bank vaults are overflowing with unaccounted money? One cannot get that much through bribes alone since the amount involved is huge...

Let us understand the procedure. Any money deposited in government accounts cannot be withdrawn haphazardly as in case of private accounts. It is not so feasible to withdraw cash and deposit in private accounts. The bribes are not always small. The petty clerks and peons get small bribes and they do not have any secret bank accounts. They merely run their household even with bribe.
Bulk of illicit money is generated from commission by suppliers, contractors and recipients of various schemes. The Bofors scandal, helicopter scandal involving one of our former defence minister, Mundhra scandal involving T.T.K. Krishmachari Ex Finance minister are well known scandals.

A few years back, a unique way of cheating government funds by manipulating income tax refunds came to light. In my colony, an individual was arrested. One clerk in Income Tax department, one cashier in State bank of India and some income tax asses sees/ fake individuals were involved. Modus operandi was that refund would be issued to third parties and the refund amount would be shared.

Now what fraud can occur in relief. There are some organizations who will collect a lot of donation in name of Uttarakhand relief and then pocket some portion from that. They will collect Rs. fifty lakh and deposit Rs. twenty lakh in P.M. National relief funds and may also make fake documents for medicines, clothing etc. But be assured that iut is best to send your contribution to P.M. national Relief Fund. Just do not pay anything to various donation stalls throughout your city. Here at Agra also many organizations are collecting cash from public and I believe that they will pocket most of that. May be that may land in swiss bank.

Quite possible. They are happening in my area also. At the slightest opportunity, these pseudo fund collectors will knock on your door.

People are out with different donation books, boxes and even spread bed sheets to collect money, grains, clothes etc in the name of help for grieved ones. Every one knows more than half of them are fake.

Fraud has different faces. Fraudsters have different ways to hoodwink the gullible. Fraud is as old as hills. And we are the people who patronized it.

That's right, w are the ones who encourage them. We think by donating money etc makes us eligible for heaven. Probably we all will meet in heaven only. Earth is no good for us. We do not understand ground reaities.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10722]}

When it comes to philanthropy Tatas are so different ! They do it so silently with such dignity!

It is heart warming to hear this, Tatas have always done things with a lot of class and dignity , comes with generations of breeding I guess !I wonder what is happening with all the adored stars and cricket players who have been making pots of money ....

They are busy routing for Sanjay Dutts and Salman Khans and the cricketers are busy partying now that they have won the Champion's Trophy!

But I have a valid question, it is a very good thing that all people are pooling in for the relief funds for Uttarakhand victims, but what HAS happened to the original Rs. 7000 crore that was already set aside by the government as disaster relief fund in case such an eventuality arose??

That really is a million dollar question, wonder how much of that money would reach the victims and how much into swiss bank vaults ...

Please ask this question using RTI. In spite of corruption, government accounts are not like that of a proprietary grocery shop. All withdrawals have to be accounted for.

So if that is the case, how come swiss bank vaults are overflowing with unaccounted money? One cannot get that much through bribes alone since the amount involved is huge...

Let us understand the procedure. Any money deposited in government accounts cannot be withdrawn haphazardly as in case of private accounts. It is not so feasible to withdraw cash and deposit in private accounts. The bribes are not always small. The petty clerks and peons get small bribes and they do not have any secret bank accounts. They merely run their household even with bribe.
Bulk of illicit money is generated from commission by suppliers, contractors and recipients of various schemes. The Bofors scandal, helicopter scandal involving one of our former defence minister, Mundhra scandal involving T.T.K. Krishmachari Ex Finance minister are well known scandals.

A few years back, a unique way of cheating government funds by manipulating income tax refunds came to light. In my colony, an individual was arrested. One clerk in Income Tax department, one cashier in State bank of India and some income tax asses sees/ fake individuals were involved. Modus operandi was that refund would be issued to third parties and the refund amount would be shared.

Now what fraud can occur in relief. There are some organizations who will collect a lot of donation in name of Uttarakhand relief and then pocket some portion from that. They will collect Rs. fifty lakh and deposit Rs. twenty lakh in P.M. National relief funds and may also make fake documents for medicines, clothing etc. But be assured that iut is best to send your contribution to P.M. national Relief Fund. Just do not pay anything to various donation stalls throughout your city. Here at Agra also many organizations are collecting cash from public and I believe that they will pocket most of that. May be that may land in swiss bank.

Quite possible. They are happening in my area also. At the slightest opportunity, these pseudo fund collectors will knock on your door.

People are out with different donation books, boxes and even spread bed sheets to collect money, grains, clothes etc in the name of help for grieved ones. Every one knows more than half of them are fake.

Fraud has different faces. Fraudsters have different ways to hoodwink the gullible. Fraud is as old as hills. And we are the people who patronized it.

That's right, w are the ones who encourage them. We think by donating money etc makes us eligible for heaven. Probably we all will meet in heaven only. Earth is no good for us. We do not understand ground reaities.

We have polluted earth. Let's not pollute the heaven.
As a matter of principle, I would prefer to go to hell, that seems a better place for myself. After all , all my good friends are having fun there. :whistle:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

As a matter of principle, I would prefer to go to hell, that seems a better place for myself. After all , all my good friends are having fun there. :whistle:

Fun?
In hell? You must be kidding. Hell is all work, no fun from dawn to dusk.

I agree. In fact only saints and simpletons will go to heaven and make a hell of that. The engineers, movie stars, doctors will go to hell and make heaven of that.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.