The topic is locked.
As we all know that we are most densely populated country in the world but we have done almost nothing to keep our population within reasonable limits. Do you think 'one child per family' formula would work in our country like it does in China?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It would be very difficult to implement the "one child rule" in India because difference of opinion based on race, religion and culture would play as the major unmovable obstacles. I don't know if many of you would agree to my point but I strongly feel the rule should not be forced instead educating the present population would prove to be beneficial in population control measures too. The present population needs to be educated and counselled on the benefits of having a single child especially the rural part.

A majority of our population still prefer to have at least 1 male child to take forward their legacy but in a desire to have a male child they end up harming the mother's health and the country's population. More awareness on the topics like improved quality of education and life which one can provide to a single child should be done on a large scale. This can be done in the hospitals itself where pregnant women can be given free counselling and are encouraged to take family planning measures to ensure a happy life ahead. And maybe the government can encourage couples by rewarding them in some way.

Live in the present :)
China is as diverse as India in matter of traditions and culture. There is no reason whytwe cannot adhere to one child norm. Only we need a firm decision, resolve and action.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In the urban areas where both are working, most couple opt to have one child only, but when it comes to rural population it is very difficult to make them see any other point of view except what they have been brought up with. Most families prefer to have 2 or 3 children and at least one male child.Thankfully it sytops there in most cases unlike a few decades ago when 4 or 5 children was the norm...
I feel that the chnage has to come gradually rather than being imposed like in China which is also inhuman since I was reading a report that many female children are thrown into the river even there since they are allowed to have only one child ! The mind set seems to be the same in Asian and Eastern countries...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The Urban population is satisfied with single issue because they cannot afford to have a second baby, especially while it's a working couple. But the way the population is increasing and the trend is disturbing as well an imbalance growing, I am afraid we shall have to face bad consequences soon. It's high time we should make it a rule to limit growth of population without having consideration of caste or religion. Do we have will power to do so or vote bank politics stops us doing it?

As we all know that we are most densely populated country in the world but we have done almost nothing to keep our population within reasonable limits. Do you think 'one child per family' formula would work in our country like it does in China?

One child rule is not possible in India. India is religious country and we have some tradition. In India child is gift from God. But it is not true that we have done nothing. In my districts population growth is less than country population growth. Peoples begains to understand benefit of small family.

One child rule is not possible in India. India is religious country and we have some tradition. In India child is gift from God. But it is not true that we have done nothing. In my districts population growth is less than country population growth. Peoples begains to understand benefit of small family.

Good to know your district is doing better than rest of the country but our country on a whole is growing too fast compared to rest of the world. That is alarming and eating resources at dangerous speed.

The more educated people do have smaller families, but the percentage is very small.The majority of the population lives in rural areas and small cities where the mentality and mind set is totally different. I know of a case when a friend of mine who is a gynaecologist was attacked and chased from her primary health centre family planning clinic by the locals because she was taking classes on birh control...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The more educated people do have smaller families, but the percentage is very small.The majority of the population lives in rural areas and small cities where the mentality and mind set is totally different. I know of a case when a friend of mine who is a gynaecologist was attacked and chased from her primary health centre family planning clinic by the locals because she was taking classes on birh control...

yes some community is against family planning. For lower class peoples more child more source of earning. Here in Rajasthan it is rule that a person who have more than two child is not eligible for Sarpanch and also for government service. Some stickness may be help in controlling population.
I don't think it can be done, although if forced, people are obliged to follow the rules, but again, something to do with the nature. When it comes to control nature, you can't do anything. For instance, what happened in Uttra Khand. We started to disturb the nature, hence consequences known to everyone. Similarly if you can't control, rain, earthquake, Sunami, then why you are planning to make a rule on how many kids a couples should have?

Article Writing - Practiced By Many, Mastered By Few!

Earn While You Learn :)
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/22424-get-paid-by-writing-interesting-and-effective-articles.html
I think most people think that we should not frame it as a rule and there is no harm if the population rise, whatever the rate because that would either be against the rule of nature or could be discriminating. I lock this thread on this conclusion. Thanks for your input.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.