Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What I have always felt that if our lawmakers only took the bylaws out of the book, it will be lot more easier for lawman to know what are they at and so will be for litigants those found lost in the jungle of complicacies of laws and bylaws.

In fact, the acts passed by parliament are not so elaborate. These authorize the executive to frame laws under the main act. This is called delegated legislation. also certain acts are on matters which are state subject or in concurrent list. State govts. also frame law on such matters. The delegated legislation is not totally unavoidable. In fact, often law framed under the main act is more in use than the main act. It is good to make law simple but there is limit to simplicity. Most simple would be to abolis all law and revert to Panchayat system treating 'panch' asd 'parmeshwar' whose opinion and not the written text will prtevail.

No, I did not mean to go as far back as Panchayat system, although Mahatma Gandhi thought this system was best for our country. I only wanted to say that if the law was made a little easier, within common-man's reach, it would save complications. But if you ask me in the end it is still the Panch-Parmeshwar- see a larger bench comprising 2-3-5-7 Judges almost act like Panch Parmeshwar.

In fact, I prefer the Panchayat system. It is possible to reintroduce panchayat system and empower the panchayats to deal with petty offences. But this should be optional. May be many would benefit from this. Also some work of the courts will be reduced.
Panhacyat raj system will create panic as most members have political affiliations, and this will create partiality.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I think one urgent reform that could impart the much-needed speed in the delivery system could be to create provisions for fast-tracking individual cases. Any party in a litigation particularly a plaintiff who is willing to bear the extra fees and other costs and hearing could be arranged on a daily basis. I am sure many defendants who plan to frustrate fast delivery of justice by succeeding adjourning a case on filmiest of grounds could be tackled more effectively. About the extra cost that this measure would entail, that would be a fraction of what one has to incur over a few decades in a case!!!

That really would be helpful especially in civil cases which seem to drag on for decades togther ! however, I see that the family court is doing a good job at least here in my city. Someone knowmn to me was entangled in a maintenance case which was settled withing 9 months and the lady got interim maintenence within a month after the case was filed... According to the judges there is a dearth of spavce in most district courts and also there are not enough qualified judges which delays the proceedings

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Court proceedings are not that much easy. Court proceedings are good for the rich people. They can take the benefit of laws easily but not the general public.
I think one urgent reform that could impart the much-needed speed in the delivery system could be to create provisions for fast-tracking individual cases. Any party in a litigation particularly a plaintiff who is willing to bear the extra fees and other costs and hearing could be arranged on a daily basis. I am sure many defendants who plan to frustrate fast delivery of justice by succeeding adjourning a case on filmiest of grounds could be tackled more effectively. About the extra cost that this measure would entail, that would be a fraction of what one has to incur over a few decades in a case!!!

That really would be helpful especially in civil cases which seem to drag on for decades togther ! however, I see that the family court is doing a good job at least here in my city. Someone knowmn to me was entangled in a maintenance case which was settled withing 9 months and the lady got interim maintenence within a month after the case was filed... According to the judges there is a dearth of spavce in most district courts and also there are not enough qualified judges which delays the proceedings

I personally that judges of lower courts are irrationally liberal in granting adjournments without ever applying their minds to the motives of defendants and thereby causing interminable delays and escalation of costs to the benefit of lawyers and detriment of justice-seekers. Corruption among some judges of lower courts is also an impediment to speedier delivery of justice.

I personally that judges of lower courts are irrationally liberal in granting adjournments without ever applying their minds to the motives of defendants and thereby causing interminable delays and escalation of costs to the benefit of lawyers and detriment of justice-seekers. Corruption among some judges of lower courts is also an impediment to speedier delivery of justice.

This is very true. In some cases, judges get money to delay the decision of the cases. They keep delaying the date of the herrings. Court's decisions are delayed so much that the person who has complaint may die before the judgement and the case gets dismissed.

This is very true. In some cases, judges get money to delay the decision of the cases. They keep delaying the date of the herrings. Court's decisions are delayed so much that the person who has complaint may die before the judgement and the case gets dismissed.

I don't know why some of the judges of these courts actually encourage the stalling tactics adopted by the defendants to the great injustice afflicted on the plaintiffs!!!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.