Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is quite a revelation that only a percentage as low as 5 of Indians prefers to go to courts for resolution of various legal issues and what is far more stunning that despite this awfully low percentage the number of pending cases is just mind-boggling. Corruption at lower rungs, sharp practices on the part of lawyers, the prohibitive costs of litigation have virtually denied a vast section of our populace to get justice. The judiciary is supposed to be one of stoutest organs of any decent society to ensure honor of all but in India it is in a frighteningly awful mess who is going to clear it up??

I am not surprised at all...although things are a lot better now, it is still so badly organised. One of the civil cases pertaining to my family came to a conclusion last month after nearly 17 years and the funny part is the two litigants are dead and now 2nd generation and we the third generation had to do the running around...Other than the expense involved I personally feel if they had any sense they should have compromised right in the beginning ! It is simply not worth it !

That's the point I am trying to make. The entire exercise has been reduced to a farce. Delivery of justice no longer figures in the scheme of things of our judicial system. What a pitiable state of affairs!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I am also among 95%. I feel that the luckiest is one who does not go to court, doctor and railway station. These are also interlinked. Quarrel leads to injury and litigation and litigation needs travel.

Yes you are lucky one. Haplessly I faced some court proceeding in younger age. Very painful.
I am also among 95%. I feel that the luckiest is one who does not go to court, doctor and railway station. These are also interlinked. Quarrel leads to injury and litigation and litigation needs travel.

Yes you are lucky one. Haplessly I faced some court proceeding in younger age. Very painful.

This is obvious for general public.

Moreover if you are in acute problem. You have sufficient evidences and a good lawyer then court proceedings are beneficial.
What I have always felt that if our lawmakers only took the bylaws out of the book, it will be lot more easier for lawman to know what are they at and so will be for litigants those found lost in the jungle of complicacies of laws and bylaws.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

What I have always felt that if our lawmakers only took the bylaws out of the book, it will be lot more easier for lawman to know what are they at and so will be for litigants those found lost in the jungle of complicacies of laws and bylaws.

In fact, the acts passed by parliament are not so elaborate. These authorize the executive to frame laws under the main act. This is called delegated legislation. also certain acts are on matters which are state subject or in concurrent list. State govts. also frame law on such matters. The delegated legislation is not totally unavoidable. In fact, often law framed under the main act is more in use than the main act. It is good to make law simple but there is limit to simplicity. Most simple would be to abolis all law and revert to Panchayat system treating 'panch' asd 'parmeshwar' whose opinion and not the written text will prtevail.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
It is quite a revelation that only a percentage as low as 5 of Indians prefers to go to courts for resolution of various legal issues and what is far more stunning that despite this awfully low percentage the number of pending cases is just mind-boggling. Corruption at lower rungs, sharp practices on the part of lawyers, the prohibitive costs of litigation have virtually denied a vast section of our populace to get justice. The judiciary is supposed to be one of stoutest organs of any decent society to ensure honor of all but in India it is in a frighteningly awful mess who is going to clear it up??

I am not surprised at all...although things are a lot better now, it is still so badly organised. One of the civil cases pertaining to my family came to a conclusion last month after nearly 17 years and the funny part is the two litigants are dead and now 2nd generation and we the third generation had to do the running around...Other than the expense involved I personally feel if they had any sense they should have compromised right in the beginning ! It is simply not worth it !
There are "Lok Adalats" from compromises, but sadly many a times, cases are not solved, it is because of lawyers who want to prolong the case and garner money for their clients.

http://mohanmekap.com/

There are "Lok Adalats" from compromises, but sadly many a times, cases are not solved, it is because of lawyers who want to prolong the case and garner money for their clients.

It's not because of only lawyers cases are prolonged. It's mainly due to shortage of enough courts and judges.

In fact, the acts passed by parliament are not so elaborate. These authorize the executive to frame laws under the main act. This is called delegated legislation. also certain acts are on matters which are state subject or in concurrent list. State govts. also frame law on such matters. The delegated legislation is not totally unavoidable. In fact, often law framed under the main act is more in use than the main act. It is good to make law simple but there is limit to simplicity. Most simple would be to abolis all law and revert to Panchayat system treating 'panch' asd 'parmeshwar' whose opinion and not the written text will prtevail.

No, I did not mean to go as far back as Panchayat system, although Mahatma Gandhi thought this system was best for our country. I only wanted to say that if the law was made a little easier, within common-man's reach, it would save complications. But if you ask me in the end it is still the Panch-Parmeshwar- see a larger bench comprising 2-3-5-7 Judges almost act like Panch Parmeshwar.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

More than the lawyers it is the people themselves who delay the process because of ego problems.I have known our own family property case which could have been settled through Lok Adalat but because of ego hassles went on for 17 years in the civil court and cost everyone few lakh rupees in the bargain...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Many lawyers have tendency to extend cases unnecessarily. They make their customers fool and take all their money. This has become a business. It no longer remained a profession.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.