Today the entire world is busy celebrating this day which should remind all of us our duty to ensure a fair deal for an important section of our society. India is faced with some grim facts of showing criminal negligence to their needs and development. This day has been reduced to a mere ritual - is celebrated today to be forgotten for the rest of the year. Share your thoughts!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Today the entire world is busy celebrating this day which should remind all of us our duty to ensure a fair deal for an important section of our society. India is faced with some grim facts of showing criminal negligence to their needs and development. This day has been reduced to a mere ritual - is celebrated today to be forgotten for the rest of the year. Share your thoughts!

World disabled day is a new word for me. I cannot able to write about this topic but good to know about a new word. I add it to my dicitonary.
International Day of Disabled persons that was proclaimed in the year 1992 by the UN with the noble intention to understanding the difficulties and hardships faced by the handicapped to live in the mainstream and to create awareness and to lend support to enable these otherwise abled, so that they can lead their lives with dignity.
But the things are happening in a different way especially in India. These days, like any other such days are observed with pomp and forgotten till the next International Day of Disabled persons. It’s a pity these ‘days’ are utilized to mobilize the political mileage by the political parties defeating the very purpose of the ‘Day’, leaving the disabled to their fate.
State govt. announced they would be giving 50,000 bucks to persons who has married differently abled persons.

http://mohanmekap.com/

State govt. announced they would be giving 50,000 bucks to persons who has married differently abled persons.

These sops are not new. Many misutilise such sops to get the money. A differently abled person needs someone who can inject confidence in them so that they can live with dignity.

These sops are not new. Many misutilise such sops to get the money. A differently abled person needs someone who can inject confidence in them so that they can live with dignity.
I still feel, this will give incentives, my opinion differs on this.

I still feel, this will give incentives, my opinion differs on this.

My opinion is abused system and incentives prove counter productive which are as good as not having.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Talking about it for a day is of no use at all..When we look around , can we see any effort made by the respective governments to make life easier for them ? absolutely none, the footpaths,the buses and even when they go to hospitals they don't have a special counter meant only for them.The poor things have to jostle and get pushed around along with other people and noone would give them a helping hand.There may be one for namesake which will be used by everyone. Banks and Post offices are often found on 2 nd floor or first floor of a building with no lift or ramps and I have seen how difficult it is for disabled people and old people to use them...All in all our country is one of the most insensitive when it comes to such issues, so why dont people emulate the west like they do on other issues and more importantly why dont they appreciate the effort they have made towards this issue ! We only know how to blame others since as a nation we are perpetually looking for scapegoats..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

One friend of mine who is semi differently abled, and is not complete blind as he can see partially, but the way, he emulate himself while education and able to score good marks and now he is in a good job salary and having garnering respect from colleagues, seems to suggest the determination as well as strong motive to succeed, it is their parents help and friends who have been studying with him, enable the situation to become the same professional in the future, it is for sure, they are differently abled not disabled and for this one should treat them with respect ,as some other organs of theirs is more active due to their differently abled situations. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

One friend of mine who is semi differently abled, and is not complete blind as he can see partially, but the way, he emulate himself while education and able to score good marks and now he is in a good job salary and having garnering respect from colleagues, seems to suggest the determination as well as strong motive to succeed, it is their parents help and friends who have been studying with him, enable the situation to become the same professional in the future, it is for sure, they are differently abled not disabled and for this one should treat them with respect ,as some other organs of theirs is more active due to their differently abled situations. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Disability will never deter the strong willed people. Some of the great people in history were disabled. Thomas Alva Edison is just an example.opportunities never cease. If one opportunity is missed,there are other opportunities. Beethoven , the greatest musician was deaf.
The disabled are called differently abled also because they are not incapable of everything. Everyone is capable of something. There is reservation in government jobs for the differently disabled. There are also gadgets and aids that help them There are vehicles specially made for the physically handicapped. There are some railway compartments catering to the physically handicapped. However there is need for more efforts to make life better and easier for the phycially handicapped or for the differently abled.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.