One thought hit my mind the other day. It was all about Sachin Tendulkar and our brave soldiers. The question is still unsolved in my mind. The question is “No doubt Sachin is one of the greatest batsman in the world, but the fame, name and wealth he got, is that justified, does he deserve?” He only hits the ball with the bat, but what about those soldiers on the border who gave their lives to save us. Unfortunately, few of us know about them. Can you remember the name of even one who died in Kargil War, 1999? Why don’t they get such a fame, name and wealth? Isn’t this injustice to them?

Article Writing - Practiced By Many, Mastered By Few!

Earn While You Learn :)
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/22424-get-paid-by-writing-interesting-and-effective-articles.html
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
One thought hit my mind the other day. It was all about Sachin Tendulkar and our brave soldiers. The question is still unsolved in my mind. The question is “No doubt Sachin is one of the greatest batsman in the world, but the fame, name and wealth he got, is that justified, does he deserve?” He only hits the ball with the bat, but what about those soldiers on the border who gave their lives to save us. Unfortunately, few of us know about them. Can you remember the name of even one who died in Kargil War, 1999? Why don’t they get such a fame, name and wealth? Isn’t this injustice to them?

It is a comparison between two 'incomparables' and with due respect to the supreme sacrifices of our jawans and my heartfelt gratitude to them as they are ones who are our true heroes, I must say contribution of Sachin is huge and no comparison should ever be made!! I want to dwell upon them in my later posts! Let me say it is a very very good topic to discuss, thanks!
I am not comparing them, and no one can. On one side we have braves with guns and on the other, a genius with wood bat, you can't really compare them. I am just asking, why even after giving their life, soldiers are consider as unsung heroes, and by just hitting a ball, some one has so much fame and wealth. I just want to ask why?? Why people don't know our brave soldiers also. Why their families are being forced to live in poverty when their dear ones killed on the border?? Is this fair?

Article Writing - Practiced By Many, Mastered By Few!

Earn While You Learn :)
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/22424-get-paid-by-writing-interesting-and-effective-articles.html
I agree that soldiers are grossly underrated but then there is no comparison in between a profession and talent. Soldiers chose the job as profession and do their duty as do other professionals some of which are almost as risky. Everyone who has a thinking head on his shoulders will not underestimate a soldier's sacrifice. I am proud to from the city that saw many of its brave sons lost their lives defending our motherland some of them - HAV-MAJOR - Yashveer Sigh Tomar, Captain Vijyant Thapar, Major Manoj Talwar, were my neighbors living within kilometers and I was present when they were cremated and I was part of the proud crowd. People like these do not die. You know coffin boxes were being brought almost every day and every capable young-man wanted to join the army. My city one of the biggest of cantt areas of the country with many regiments- The recruitment lines became ever so longer .
But we cannot compare Sachin with our martyrs as these are two different propositions. Even Sachin knows it that martyred soldiers are important than anyone in any field. But then Sachin is Sachin.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I beg to differ with you. Many valiant soldiers who laid their lives during Kargil war were honored with Maha vir chakra and param vir chakra. Yogendra Singh yadav was one among many such brave hearts. Sachin's Bharat Ratna award is for his lifetime services towards cricket which in no way less than any achievement in any field. In my view Sachin's achievement and the awards bestowed on him did not deprive other achieves from other fields.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
The war heroes and Cricket players are not comparable. We certainly respect the warriors. They get their pay and allowances and other benefits besides 'gallantry awards' in deserving cases. There are various awards including 'Param Vir Chakra' to honor the war heroes.

Sachin is top performer of most popular game Cricket and hence the benefits.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Many peoples are working in intelligence. They are dying every day. They remain undercover and the identity is kept secret even after their death. Many of them remain missing. Many soldiers are living in captive in some foreign lands after war. Many soldiers die mysteriously. Nobody knows them. Nobody has seen them.
War is not for public entertainment. Cricket is for public entertainment. Public enjoy it and love the players. On the other hand, the life of a soldier is not like us. They different and serious people. They have joined Defence or Home Affairs for the sake of their motherland. In return they get nothing.
Thank you said by: Rakhi Yadav
Very good topic and I must say it does make us all think a lot. When we speak about the hazards that a soldier has to accept, it does seem very much unfair and unjust. But we also consider the reality that although brave and courageous, being a soldier is nonetheless a profession embraced by these men and like all other profession, it too has its own share of hazards, pros and cons etc. Sachin is a cricketer and is a very talented and brilliant player, it would be quite unfair to compare the soldiers to Sachin. The soldiers are the backbones of our country without whom we can never sleep in our homes safely and fearlessly, they deserve every bit of respect from all of us, yet we cannot compare them Sachin!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Friends whatever we do, it needs bravery. We work for our country and countrymen. It is not only a soldier who is brave and sacrificing his life for the country. There are many Indians who are sacrificing themselves for the country. Like any great soldier, Sachin is also son of India. He deserves equal respect and honour.
If each one of us render our respective jobs assigned to us accounts to the progress of the country, itself is patriotism. Every body cannot do all jobs. Every one cannot be a soldier or a Sachin. What Sachin or a soldier or citizen has done contributes to the development of the country that's more than enough.
Friends? If you get a situation to save any one of the two, whom will you save. Sachin Tendulkar or a Soldier.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.