Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Friends? If you get a situation to save any one of the two, whom will you save. Sachin Tendulkar or a Soldier.

I doubt if we ever come across such a situation, but if at all there is such an eventuality, circumstances will decide about the one who will be saved, not us!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Friends? If you get a situation to save any one of the two, whom will you save. Sachin Tendulkar or a Soldier.

I doubt if we ever come across such a situation, but if at all there is such an eventuality, circumstances will decide about the one who will be saved, not us!

Yes I agree with you. Moreover I just want to know casually if there are two people in a situation of help,- one is a celebrity and another one is a soldier, whom public should come forth to help.

Yes I agree with you. Moreover I just want to know casually if there are two people in a situation of help,- one is a celebrity and another one is a soldier, whom public should come forth to help.

Both are celebrities. The fact that they reached a celebrity status , says that they are fighters with brave heart. They know how to save themselves.
Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
It is the media's and people's fascination with cricket that transforms an ordinary mortal into a 'god', a more than lifesize hero. There are heroes in other fields of sports and the heroes at the border who protect us by giving their blood and life. Few like to focus their cameras on them.
Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
Sainik was never neglected nor will be neglected . The government has been honoring these brave hearts with Vir,Paramveer and Mahaveer chakras since long.services through Sports to the country are no less important than any such services. Each one has contributed their mite in their own way.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
One thought hit my mind the other day. It was all about Sachin Tendulkar and our brave soldiers. The question is still unsolved in my mind. The question is “No doubt Sachin is one of the greatest batsman in the world, but the fame, name and wealth he got, is that justified, does he deserve?” He only hits the ball with the bat, but what about those soldiers on the border who gave their lives to save us. Unfortunately, few of us know about them. Can you remember the name of even one who died in Kargil War, 1999? Why don’t they get such a fame, name and wealth? Isn’t this injustice to them?
Abs. even present govt. in UPA1 times is reluctant to celebrate Vijaya Diwas, nevertheless, Sachin earned fame and also huge sum of money, but the soldiers who are dieing at the borders hardly uttered by many of us, even worse when we see politics behind all these, and it hurts much when some politicians of Nitish party do not reach to receive brave matrys body, all seems to be stagnated within the spheres of politics and we the people also seems to be on ice, where there is no thought passing on ours mind only insensitivity rippling all around, we are still searching the basic value of patriotism, it hurts badly.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is the media's and people's fascination with cricket that transforms an ordinary mortal into a 'god', a more than lifesize hero. There are heroes in other fields of sports and the heroes at the border who protect us by giving their blood and life. Few like to focus their cameras on them.

Very well written. It is the media which has made them auspicious. Even the celebrities feel uneasy to come out of their houses due to such a strong publicity.

Very well written. It is the media which has made them auspicious. Even the celebrities feel uneasy to come out of their houses due to such a strong publicity.

It's a misconception that media is creating celebrities. Are you saying Sachin owes his greatness to media?

It's a misconception that media is creating celebrities. Are you saying Sachin owes his greatness to media?

There are many people who are best and genius but they are not celebrities. If media do not focus on them and let people know about them, nobody will ever come to know about their work and achievements. Likewise, defence affairs are kept secret. We do not know what's going on at the Boarder. Who are the soldiers and what happened to them? Hence we don't know their name. Their is no such publicities.

There are many people who are best and genius but they are not celebrities. If media do not focus on them and let people know about them, nobody will ever come to know about their work and achievements. Likewise, defence affairs are kept secret. We do not know what's going on at the Boarder. Who are the soldiers and what happened to them? Hence we don't know their name. Their is no such publicities.

If media alone can make celebrities, there would have been one Bharat Ratna in every street. What media at the most can do is can give a consistent exposure. Nothing more.about our jawans, we will be knowing about their great deeds only when President of India awards gallantry awards . About the remaining activities public is not supposed to know as they are supposed to be closely guarded secrets.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.